Derby Academy seeks an enthusiastic, well-qualified candidate for the position of STEM Instructor for the 2018-19 school year. Applicants would be joining an excellent STEM program and work with projects throughout Grades K-8. Knowledge of design thinking, maker space technology and computer 2 and 3D Design is essential.
The ideal candidate will:
- Share a deep passion for STEM;
- Have a love of working with Lower and Middle School students;
- Have enthusiasm, flexibility, and a desire to collaborate with colleagues both in the department and across disciplines;
- Have a desire to develop curriculum that focuses on the real-world application of STEM and hands-on learning;
- Provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, innovation, problem-solving, and the use of technology;
- Create a supportive and caring classroom environment in which students can learn and interact positively with one another; through student-centered instruction, collaboration and authentic assessment;
Derby Academy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other status protected by federal law and/or the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Interested candidates may email a letter of interest and C.V. to:
Director of Teaching and Learning
No phone calls, please.
About Derby Academy
Derby Academy is a Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8 co-educational day school located in Hingham, Massachusetts. Rooted in the school’s motto, “Improve Both Mind and Heart,” the school provides students with a joyful and rigorous academic environment.