Small, private college preparatory school in Salisbury, Maryland is seeking an enthusiastic middle school math teacher. Candidate should be comfortable teaching courses ranging from sixth grade math to Algebra I. We are a college preparatory school where teachers enjoy the ability to be creative, team teach, teach across the curriculum, and offer their students experiential learning opportunities. Confidence, flexibility, and good communication skills are a must. Position is subject to a background check.
- Plan, teach, and evaluate students in math classes. Range of classes are from grade level six throughto Algebra I. Teaching load is usually four preps with 4 classes per day out of a 7 period day.
- Maintain the highest quality of instruction and expectations for students.
- Communicate effectively and frequently with parents.
- Collaborate with teachers, Department Head, and Division Head in regular curricular review, ensuring best practices in math instruction.
- Serve as an adviser for a group 10 to 12 students, and a homeroom teacher
- Supervise recess and participate in other student activities (dances, field trips, special days (such as Global Awareness Day, Grandparents Day, etc.)
- Attend faculty meetings, assemblies, and other required school events.
-Maintain an updated and accurate on-line homework website and grade book.
- Two or more years of experience teaching math preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and inclusive personality
- Experience with frequent collaboration and an eagerness to plan units and lessons with other math colleagues, as well as cross-curricular lessons
- Ability to differentiate instruction and address a range of learning styles.