Park Tudor is currently seeking a Classics Teacher for the Middle and Upper School for the 2018-19 school year.
The World Language department currently incorporates a Teaching with Comprehensible Input (TCI) approach to promote second language acquisition for all language students. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a working knowledge of TCI and an interest in continued professional development.
Candidates must be willing to teach a variety of courses, work with students outside the classroom, and assist with travel programs and other extracurricular offerings.
The Latin curriculum in the Upper School follows a steady progression of foundational courses, including Latin I, II, III and IV-AP. A select number of middle students often enroll in Latin I. In addition, the Classics curriculum includes a course in Classical Greek for 11th and 12th grade students.
Experience: Previous experience teaching Latin and Greek, independent school experience preferred
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Professionalism with and amongst all constituencies
Commitment to professional development
Willingness to engage in all aspects of the Park Tudor community while promoting the School’s mission, vision and values
About Park Tudor School
Park Tudor is an independent school in Indianapolis, Indiana that prides itself on upholding a tradition of academic excellence that began in 1902. As a college preparatory school for children ages 3 through grade 12, we provide an exceptional learning environment where children are encouraged to explore opportunities, exceed expectations, and expand possibilities. Small class sizes, a safe and caring atmosphere, and numerous extracurricular activities that include the arts and athletics, ensure that each child at Park Tudor receives a unique educational experience catered to his or her individual passions.
Park Tudor offers excellent pay and a comprehensive benefit package. Professional development opportunities are available through participation in conferences and workshops, membership in professional organizations, and continuing education. Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply.
To create an inspiring college-preparatory learning environment, with exceptional educators and extraordinary opportunities, that prepares and motivates students to become balanced, c...onfident, and resourceful lifelong learners.
Ignite curiosity. Instill compassion. Inspire courage.
Integrity Intellectual Engagement Resourcefulness
Park Tudor at a Glance:
• 9-to-1 student-teacher ratio
• 100% college placement rate; 98% of students attend one of their top 3 colleges of choice
• More than $3.8 million in financial aid awarded annually to our students
• Consistently among the highest average SAT scores in the state
• Indy’s only Global Scholars Program: Park Tudor's unique version of the International Baccalaureate, designed specifically to be the ultimate college preparatory program for highly motivated juniors and seniors
• Focus on global citizenship through comprehensive world languages program starting in junior kindergarten
• 28% of student body come from racially and ethnically diverse backgrounds
• 15 Upper School and 12 Middle School sports offered
• 80% of students participate in fine arts and 80% play on an athletic team
• International experiences for students in grades 4-12 through study-travel programs
• Commitment to Community-Engaged Learning
• Full-day junior and senior kindergarten programs
• Focused liberal arts program with dynamic world language and fine arts programs at every grade level