Park Tudor is currently seeking an experienced, dynamic, and collaborative Lower and Middle School Music Teacher (grades 3-6) and accompanist for the 2018-19 school year.
There is a tradition of cooperation at Park Tudor founded on respect between Academics, the Fine and Performing Arts and the Athletic Department. The candidate should be committed to protecting and sustaining this cooperative spirit. The Lower and Middle School Music Teacher should also be comfortable collaborating with other music faculty members, the theater director, the technical theater director, and the Director of Fine Arts to ensure responsible and cooperative relationships.
The Fine Arts Department provides a comprehensive, diversified, and sequential program of study combining instruction in basic concepts and skills with the opportunity to perform publicly in a variety of venues. Members of the department recognize the centrality of the Arts in a student’s development and overall course of study and are thoughtful and innovative in their approach.
Teaching and Directing Responsibilities:
Teaching general and choral music in grades 3-6, directing grade specific performances
Accompanies Grades 3-6 rehearsals, concerts, and other department productions as assigned
Serve as Director and coordinator for the Middle School Musical production; runs all rehearsals and final runs of show as scheduled
Experience: Candidates should have previous teaching experience at the Lower and Middle School age levels, teaching general music, with experience conducting choirs at both levels and experience directing musical and theatrical productions. The candidate should have experience with a broad exposure to a variety of music genres, directorial techniques, and the ability to accompany groups on piano. Independent school experience preferred.
Demonstrate proficiency and excellence at piano performance; competency in sight reading; including traditional and contemporary Broadway repertoire, as well as classical, pop and jazz
Ability to manage and direct large groups of students
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Professionalism with and amongst all constituencies
Willingness to engage in all aspects of the Park Tudor community while promoting the School’s mission, vision, and values
About Park Tudor School
Park Tudor is an independent school in Indianapolis, Indiana that prides itself on upholding a tradition of academic excellence that began in 1902. As a college preparatory school for children ages 3 through grade 12, we provide an exceptional learning environment where children are encouraged to explore opportunities, exceed expectations, and expand possibilities. Small class sizes, a safe and caring atmosphere, and numerous extracurricular activities that include the arts and athletics, ensure that each child at Park Tudor receives a unique educational experience catered to his or her individual passions.
Park Tudor offers excellent pay and a comprehensive benefit package. Professional development opportunities are available through participation in conferences and workshops, membership in professional organizations, and continuing education. Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply.
To create an inspiring college-preparatory learning environment, with exceptional educators and extraordinary opportunities, that prepares and motivates students to become balanced, c...onfident, and resourceful lifelong learners.
Ignite curiosity. Instill compassion. Inspire courage.
Integrity Intellectual Engagement Resourcefulness
Park Tudor at a Glance:
• 9-to-1 student-teacher ratio
• 100% college placement rate; 98% of students attend one of their top 3 colleges of choice
• More than $3.8 million in financial aid awarded annually to our students
• Consistently among the highest average SAT scores in the state
• Indy’s only Global Scholars Program: Park Tudor's unique version of the International Baccalaureate, designed specifically to be the ultimate college preparatory program for highly motivated juniors and seniors
• Focus on global citizenship through comprehensive world languages program starting in junior kindergarten
• 28% of student body come from racially and ethnically diverse backgrounds
• 15 Upper School and 12 Middle School sports offered
• 80% of students participate in fine arts and 80% play on an athletic team
• International experiences for students in grades 4-12 through study-travel programs
• Commitment to Community-Engaged Learning
• Full-day junior and senior kindergarten programs
• Focused liberal arts program with dynamic world language and fine arts programs at every grade level