Park Tudor’s Admissions department is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Admissions overseeing grades 4-8. This is a full-time, 12-month position reporting directly to the Director of Admissions.
The Assistant Director of Admissions is responsible for the admissions of grades 4 through 8. She/he will be an expert in lower and middle school curriculum, as well as the processes, program offerings, and opportunities in both divisions. The position requires the individual to consistently interact positively with prospective, new families, and current families.
Essential functions include the following.
Oversee and manage the admissions process for grades 4-8 from beginning to onboarding
Communicate effectively about curriculum, programs, and opportunities in the Lower and Middle School
Communicate and articulate the School’s mission, vision, and values
Create a welcoming atmosphere for each prospective student/family, emphasizing the personal aspect of the admission process
Respond to telephone, written, and in-person inquires in a prompt and courteous fashion
Arrange and coordinate tours of the Park Tudor campus, class visitations, open houses, high school nights, and other admissions activities as deemed necessary
Oversee and coordinate all ISEE testing, grades 5-12
Maintain records for all applicants (ie. applications, recommendations, grade reports etc.) and generate admissions files
Attend all Admissions events across divisions; oversee Admissions events for grades 4-8 (which will include a few evenings and weekends)
Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions
Previous admissions experience in a private independent school setting preferred
Customer service and/or sales experience beneficial
Work for or in a non-profit, or specifically, in education would be beneficial
Consistently interact positively with prospective and new families
High energy and enthusiasm about working in an academic atmosphere
Detail-oriented and data driven
Willingness to collaborate and work in a team atmosphere
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Highly receptive and responsive interpersonal skills
Proficient in core technological competencies
Innovative, creative, and problem solving skills
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Ability to self-initiate and work independently with little supervision
Ability to effectively function in a quick-paced environment
Willingness to learn and adhere to industry’s best practices
Ability to work on and complete multiple tasks/projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions and minimal supervision
Strong work ethic and high level of integrity
Professionalism with and amongst all constituencies
Willingness to engage in all aspects of the Park Tudor community while promoting the School’s mission, vision, and values
About Park Tudor School
Park Tudor is an independent school in Indianapolis, Indiana that prides itself on upholding a tradition of academic excellence that began in 1902. As a college preparatory school for children ages 3 through grade 12, we provide an exceptional learning environment where children are encouraged to explore opportunities, exceed expectations, and expand possibilities. Small class sizes, a safe and caring atmosphere, and numerous extracurricular activities that include the arts and athletics, ensure that each child at Park Tudor receives a unique educational experience catered to his or her individual passions.
Park Tudor offers excellent pay and a comprehensive benefit package. Professional development opportunities are available through participation in conferences and workshops, membership in professional organizations, and continuing education. Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply.
To create an inspiring college-preparatory learning environment, with exceptional educators and extraordinary opportunities, that prepares and motivates students to become balanced, c...onfident, and resourceful lifelong learners.
Ignite curiosity. Instill compassion. Inspire courage.
Integrity Intellectual Engagement Resourcefulness
Park Tudor at a Glance:
• 9-to-1 student-teacher ratio
• 100% college placement rate; 98% of students attend one of their top 3 colleges of choice
• More than $3.8 million in financial aid awarded annually to our students
• Consistently among the highest average SAT scores in the state
• Indy’s only Global Scholars Program: Park Tudor's unique version of the International Baccalaureate, designed specifically to be the ultimate college preparatory program for highly motivated juniors and seniors
• Focus on global citizenship through comprehensive world languages program starting in junior kindergarten
• 28% of student body come from racially and ethnically diverse backgrounds
• 15 Upper School and 12 Middle School sports offered
• 80% of students participate in fine arts and 80% play on an athletic team
• International experiences for students in grades 4-12 through study-travel programs
• Commitment to Community-Engaged Learning
• Full-day junior and senior kindergarten programs
• Focused liberal arts program with dynamic world language and fine arts programs at every grade level