St. John’s Prep is an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12. Founded on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust and zeal, we educate students to be, do and stand for good in the world. We enroll 1,500 students from more than 60 communities.
Campus ministers serve the Prep community as the pastoral staff of the school, and embody a model of team ministry. The Campus Ministry team consists of three High School campus ministers, one Middle School campus minister and the director of Campus Ministry. Campus ministers are expected to teach one (1) course. The team’s mandate is to develop a vibrant and worshipping faith community that meets the faith development needs of adolescent boys. Based in a dedicated Campus Ministry Center, the team enjoys active support from the School leadership and members of the faculty and staff. The team offers programs and initiatives in the areas of sacramental worship, retreats, social justice, service immersion programs, and an active ministry presence in all areas of school life.
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience in youth ministry and/or campus ministry
• Academic background (minimum of bachelor’s degree required) in theology or religious studies
• Deep understanding of and respect for the Catholic faith tradition
• Participation in the Campus Ministry program across all grades
• Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
• Strong organizational, communication, and technology skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Creativity, imagination and a sense of humor A full description of the Campus Ministry program is available at www.stjohnsprep.org/campusministry.
St. John’s offers a wide range of co-curricular, intramural and interscholastic programs. For more information about our academic, spiritual and student life programs, please visit www.stjohnsprep.org.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, résumé, and academic transcripts to Tracii Schaeublin, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com by April 22.
About St John's Prep School
St. John’s Preparatory School is conveniently located just 15 miles northeast of Boston in Danvers, Massachusetts. We are a Xaverian Brothers sponsored school educating nearly 1,500 young men in grades 6 through 12 from more than 70 communities throughout Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Our rigorous academic and extensive co-curricular program encourages students to develop their spiritual, intellectual, moral, physical, and creative potential, and inspires them to honor the diversity that enriches both our school community and the world beyond St. John's.