All Saints’ Day School is pleased to announce a Leadership Opportunity for July 2019: All Saints’ Day School is seeking an exceptional Head of School who will work with the All Saints’ community to support and expand the school. All Saints’ is the only independent school on the Monterey Peninsula that focuses solely on educating students in Preschool through 8th grade, and has been doing so, with a reputation for excellence, for over 50 years. Set on a 17-acre campus, this Episcopal school provides an outstanding academic and arts program that aligns with our mission: In a joyful and spiritual environment, we prepare children for lives of learning and service.
The Head of School will lead a community known for its warmth and welcoming nature, where students are valued as the heart and soul of the school. The community is built not only upon a shared commitment to an outstanding education and the All Saints’ mission, but also upon working together in partnership and good spirit to achieve excellence. For more information about the school, visit the All Saints’ website at www.asds.org.
Candidates should e-mail a cover letter stating their interest in this position and a resume to email@example.com. Please reference “All Saints’ HOS” in the subject line; all inquiries will remain confidential. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status. A full Position Profile will be available soon.
About All Saints' Day School
All Saints’ Day School (www.asds.org), an outstanding independent coeducational day school in enviable Carmel, California, places an emphasis on academic excellence with a spirit of social responsibility. Located on a gorgeous and spacious campus nestled in Carmel Valley and serving 165 students in pre-kindergarten through grade eight, students of all ages exchange ideas and explore ethics as they define their attitudes and values.
In keeping with our Episcopal tradition, All Saints’ teaches, prepares and inspires children to go forward and transform the world. We aspire to national prominence as a leader for advancing innovation in teaching and learning.
Our Core Beliefs
• A skills-driven academic curriculum best serves each child when designed and implemented by dynamic educators empowered with the professional freedom to focus on preparing our students for 21st Century citizenship and leadership.
• A focus on the whole child means each one’s personal, emotional and social well being is cultivated, supported, challenged and nurtured through community outreach and service-oriented learning that develops and fosters strong connections to the community in which we ...live.
• Embedded Character development as found in a formal curriculum and embodied in a nurturing, positive and encouraging learning environment teaches children responsibility, resilience, persistence, empathy towards others and age-appropriate ways to think about more than simply themselves.
• Relationship-centered teaching is the heart of a transformative school experience. Children thrive in a learning environment characterized by mutually supportive, suitably participative, and collaborative family-teacher partnerships.
• Children should be children. A school environment that is countercultural to societal influences that blur the boundaries of what is age-appropriate allows children to grow without being forced to adulthood.
• Love of God, neighbor and self leads us to value the spirituality of each person. We recognize that spirituality influences our personal choices and growth and leads us to authentic relationships on all levels as we interact with people and with the planet.
The school has built a reputation for academic rigor and character development and is marked by a positive culture. A feeling of positive energy, inclusiveness, optimism, respect and kindness permeates our campus.