Title: Director of Enrollment Managment; full-time; 12 month position School Year: 2018-2019; anticipated start date 7/1/18
The director of enrollment management is an integral part of the school’s administrative team and is responsible for managing all facets of the admissions process in the school’s effort to attract, enroll, and retain a diverse and dynamic student population.
Leadership and Management
• Develop long-term strategies and implementation plans in accordance with enrollment priorities and the Mission of St. Thomas’s Day School.
• Ensure that the School’s marketing, recruitment and retention programs, practices and policies are representative of St. Thomas’s Day School’s over-arching Philosophy and Mission.
• Build and maintain a calendar of events for the year and oversee registration and preparation (logistics, setup, etc.) for admissions events.
• Manage all aspects of student re-enrollment, including the distribution and collection of enrollment contracts.
• Lead efforts to implement recruitment and enrollment strategies to achieve enrollment goals.
• Oversee the implementation of a targeted retention plan.
• Educate faculty and staff, current families and Board members about the many aspects of the recruitment, enrollment and retention process and engage their participation in meeting school goals.
• Work with senior leadership, faculty, Board and other school constituencies to develop and articulate admissions priorities and philosophy.
• Provide regular reports and planning documents to senior leadership, faculty and Board members on the results of admissions activity.
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Institutional Advancement to create marketing plans, develop admissions publications and programs that are consistent with the overall strategy of enrollment management.
• Prepare and manage the departmental budget, monitoring all expenditures to assure compliance with the policies of school.
• Represent St. Thomas’s Day School with participation in various external organizations and associations.
Recruitment and Retention Specific
• Organize and manage all activities to attract a diverse class of high-quality applicants to the School.
• Oversee the recruitment process and admission calendar.
• Conduct presentations (e.g., feeder schools, consultants, and school fairs) to promote St. Thomas’s Day School and attract prospective families and students.
• Create annual retention plan; oversee/assist with re-enrollment process and setting tuition.
• Provide direction to the admission committee with respect to recruitment, admission, and the development and implementation of strategies to retain high-quality applicants and students.
• Provide on-going communication to prospective applicants and their families.
Preferred Qualifications and Education
• Three to five years of admission experience. Sales oriented with a successful record of building relationships and public speaking.
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral; ability to get prospective families interested in and excited about the programs in the school.
• High energy and passion for the mission and values of STTS.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Danielle Plante, Director of Institutional Advancement, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please generate all documents in MS Word or a converted PDF file.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and the position will remain open until filled.
About St. Thomas's Day School
St. Thomas's is a diverse community of children, teachers, parents, and parishioners
working together to foster learning in the context of faith and personal commitment.
As a mission of Saint Thomas’s Episcopal Church, the Day School seeks to educate
children broadly by cultivating intelligence while engaging heart and spirit. The
School seeks to motivate children of diverse races, creeds, and backgrounds to
become independent thinkers who appreciate, understand, and serve others.