In consultation with colleagues in the math department and other members of the Middle Level team of teachers, the Middle Learning math teacher is responsible for teaching a full load of math classes.
· Teaches a full load of math classes. In addition, full time teachers of Middle Learning students are expected to advise students, teach an elective, supervise recess and lunch duty, and work with students during tutorial.
· Grasps and supports Galloway’s 4D philosophy of teaching by integrating lessons that are daring, deliberate, and dynamic, and ones which allow for student discovery.
· Designs curriculum, assigns related coursework and tracks student performance; evaluates programs and student progress (conferences, written evaluation, and written daily correspondence).
· Demonstrates an attitude of flexibility with regard to curriculum decisions in order to meet the instructional needs.
· Instructs and encourages individual students; establishes goals for individualized students and small groups.
· Collaborates with colleagues and seeks feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
· Reflects on instructional practices to meet individual professional development goals.
· Assumes personal responsibility for student achievement.
· Actively participates in professional development, grade level, and department meetings.
· Manages the class and ensures engagement and discipline.
· Communicates with parents or other interested parties.
Bachelor’s degree required
Master’s degree preferred
Solid experience teaching in a Middle Learning setting
· Ability to work with a wide range of abilities.
· Demonstrates a comfort with technology and able to integrate technology into classroom instruction.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Excellent oral and written communication and presentational skills.
· Demonstrates capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with parents, administration and staff.
· Demonstrated creativity and energy in the classroom
Licenses and Certifications:
Georgia teaching certificate preferred
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
Implementation of relevant technology
General classroom and office conditions
Lifting up to 20 pounds, standing, walking, sitting, reaching, operating computer and other office and classroom equipment