McCallie School is seeking an Assistant Director to serve as an instrumental fundraiser for the the Honor Fund, McCallie’s annual giving program, and to manage assigned program initiatives. The successful applicant will implement an engagement and philanthropy plan for alumni classes spanning two decades and manage the school’s close relationships with approximately 50 leadership annual giving prospects. This position reports to the Director of the Honor Fund. It is considered exempt, full time, and eligible for full benefits.
1. Develop, manage, and implement an engagement and philanthropy plan that includes the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of McCallie alumni classes spanning two decades;
2. Identify, recruit, and manage volunteers for Honor Fund initiatives;
3. Manage a portfolio by developing and implementing written cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for approximately 50 assigned leadership annual giving prospects;
4. Conduct 100 personal visits with donors and complete the appropriate call reports documenting the relevant details and send necessary follow-up materials;
5. Communicate and collaborate with the advancement team in preparation for donor meetings, events, etc., to develop a well thought-out and comprehensive strategy for each appointment;
6. Travel an average of 9-10 days per month hosting Honor Fund events and conducting donor meetings;
7. Recruit, train and staff 1-3 alumni reunion committees each year, designing and managing a solicitation plan for each class;
8. Expected annual outcomes from this level of activity are:
20 first-time Honor Fund gifts of $2,500, or more;
40 first-time Honor Fund gifts of $1,000, or more.
1. Attend and support other advancement program activities where appropriate (e.g., alumni gatherings, reunion weekend, phonathons, and admission events);
2. Develop internal relationships with administration, faculty, and the advancement team to garner support as needed;
3. Support the director and other Honor Fund team members as needed; and
4. Stay engaged with the day-to-day happenings of McCallie School by attending Chapel, classes, events, etc.
About McCallie School
McCallie School is a selective boarding and day school of 936 boys, grades 6-12, located in Chattanooga, Tennessee - 2 hours from Atlanta and Nashville. For more information, visit www.mccallie.org