Weekly schedule may vary based on weekend responsibilities
Position Description Summary:
The College Counseling Administrative Assistant is responsible for independently managing numerous specialized projects, complex processes, and the daily operation of the College Counseling Office. They provide direct administrative support to the college counseling team in all matters related to college advising, application processing, and standardized test administration.
CCO Support Duties
• Manage the schedule and oversee hosting duties for visiting college representatives (Fall)
• Process and maintain college application materials
• Maintain UC Course List and Submit ELC data to the UC
• Manage NCAA transcript submissions and NCAA course list
• Maintain and update college and outside scholarship information system (Naviance)
• Provide additional support to counselors as needed
• Update and maintain official student records (Summer)
• Maintain immunization records: verify records for all students, maintain records according to state requirements, stay informed of any changes in requirements, submit annual report of compliance, initiate necessary correspondence with families
• Coordinate the access of grades and comments at the end of each grading period including support/assistance to faculty as needed
• Maintain student transcripts, updating GPA's and standardized test scores (PSAT, SAT, ACT, AP)
• Manage transcript requests for current students and alumni
• Receive incoming student files, ensuring receipt of files for all new students
• Send cumulative files for outgoing students as requested by new school
• Upon Graduation, purge student files keeping only transcripts and immunization records
• Administer student work permits
• Primary back-up for student attendance
Testing Coordinator Duties
• Manage testing registration process, order and distribute exams and related materials, maintain secure storage at all times, oversee all aspects of exam administration, process completed exams and invoice
• Coordinate PSAT (Oct.)
• Serve as testing coordinator and primary proctor for school-based accommodations for SAT/ACT
• Coordinate ISEE (Dec. & Jan.)
• Coordinate APs (May)
• Coordinate US Final Exams (June)
• Liaise with with Director of Academic Support to help arrange school-based accommodations for other tests, as needed
• Track and record test scores (PSAT, SAT, ACT, AP)
Education, Certifications and Work Related Experience:
A high school diploma or GED is required, but an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
? Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel and PowerPoint
? Operational knowledge of web-related technologies
? Operational knowledge of google applications and gmail
? Experience with Naviance a plus
Technical Competencies and Skills:
? Spanish and/or Mandarin Language skills a plus
? Demonstrates cultural competency and ability to work well with diverse groups of people
? Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
? Maintains confidentiality in working with a broad spectrum of constituents
? Works independently with little direct supervision
? Performs all duties with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
? Works as part of a team
? Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
? Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve institutional goals
? Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
? Utilizes all required and recommended CSUS computer applications
? Physical Ability: Tasks will involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
? Ability to lift up to 20 pounds as needed
? Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require visual perception and discrimination.
? Some tasks require oral communications ability.
Crystal Springs Uplands School (CSUS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires CSUS to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Cover letters, resumes, and references should be submitted to Jennifer Carleton, DIrector of College Counseling at: CCOAA@csus.org (or by mail: Crystal Springs Uplands School, Attn: Jennifer Carleton, 400 Uplands Drive, Hillsborough, CA 94010). No phone calls please.
About Crystal Springs Uplands School
Crystal Springs Uplands School, a coeducational independent day school in Hillsborough, California, located on the Bay Area Peninsula serving 350 students in grades 6-12. As an institution committed to diversity we encourage minority candidates to apply.