Christian Brothers academy is seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic individual with vision and a desire to take initiative to be its new Music Director/Teacher. Located in beautiful Monmouth County, New Jersey, Christian Brothers Academy is a Catholic college preparatory school for young men. Deeply steeped in the LaSallian tradition and a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, Christian Brothers Academy prides itself on educating the whole student. As part of that commitment we are seeking a Music Director who can engage our young men in the musical arts and develop them within a flexible, non-traditional program. The ideal candidate is a dedicated educator and competent musician who truly enjoys working with high school age students.
· Instrumental Music: jazz ensemble (curricular and extra-curricular)
· Vocal Music: Men's Choir, Liturgical Music and Music Ministry Coordinator
· Theatre: Music Director, Spring Musical (includes the audition process)
· Concerts: prepare and organize a minimum of 2 formal concerts per year with the possibility of a 3rd, as well as smaller chamber style performances as needed on and off campus.
· Academic: teach a small number of classes such as: Fundamentals of Music, Theory, Music History, and Music Appreciation
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in music or music education
· Experience conducting instrumental and vocal ensembles at the secondary level
· Understanding of a strong music program: recruitment, organizing, and educating musicians at the secondary level.
· Strong knowledge of choral repertoire and vocal pedagogy techniques
· Willingness to work with other faculty members to broaden the scope of music on campus
· Willingness to be flexible and creative with time and rehearsal schedules
· Ability to help students make real-world connections with music and how it relates to every-day life, culture, society, and the world around them
· Willingness and ability to collaborate with professional musicians.
About Christian Brothers Academy
Christian Brothers Academy is a private, Catholic, academic preparatory school for boys, conducted by the Brothers of the Christian Schools with the collaboration of a caring and competent lay faculty. It is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. It is a member of the Christian Brothers Educational Association, the National Catholic Education Association and the National Education Association. CBA was also cited as an exemplary secondary school by the U.S. Department of Education in 1983. CBA exercises its educational mission under the aegis of the Bishop of the Trenton Diocese.
Christian Brothers Academy admits students who have graduated from or been promoted from the eighth grade. It does not discriminate on the basis of color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions, athletic and other school-administered programs. CBA is a 501(c)3 non-profit educational institution.