Located in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, Xaverian is a private, co-educational, Catholic, college preparatory school for grades 6-12 and is one of thirteen schools nationwide sponsored by the Xaverian Brothers. Xaverian has graduated a network of over 16,000 successful and responsible Catholic alumni, and educates nearly 1,200 students each year.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic development officer to fill the position of Director of Capital and Major Gifts. Reporting to the Director of Advancement and working closely with the President, the Director of Capital and Major Gifts is primarily responsible for the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major gift prospects to support the annual Clipper Fund Campaign and capital campaigns.
· Research, identify, cultivate, and solicit major gift and planned giving prospects
· Manage a portfolio of 100-150 major gift prospects and move those prospects along with timely cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship contacts
· Develop a robust planned giving program
· Ensure that all major and planned giving donors receive appropriate, consistent recognition and an accounting of the impact that their gift has on community needs annually
· Work closely with the Director of Advancement to schedule and coordinate special events and alumni regional and networking events, including golf outings, galas, alumni anniversaries, etc.
· Develop strategies and materials to promote major and planned gifts
· Assist in soliciting Board members, as well as identifying and cultivating new Board prospects
· Oversee advancement staff to ensure accurate gift entry and timely acknowledgment for major gifts donations
· Develop strategies to generate higher levels of giving
Bachelor's degree required
· Demonstrated success in soliciting major and planned gifts, preferably for an educational institution
· Experience coordinating and managing events
· Knowledge of planned giving strategies and vehicles
· Experience with capital campaign fundraising and solicitations
· Proven ability to network across diverse groups of constituents
· Expertise utilizing Raiser's Edge
· Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
· Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete multiple projects simultaneously with close attention to detail and meet deadlines
· Ability to articulate the mission of the school and the need for financial support
· Ability to maintain discretion and a high level of confidentiality when dealing with significant benefactors
· Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, fundraising volunteers, and other members of the advancement team
· This position requires travel a minimum of 50% of the time. Must have a driver’s license.
The search for this position is being coordinated by Changing Our World, a philanthropic management and consultancy firm. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com and include “Director of Capital and Major Gifts” as the subject line.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No agencies, phone calls or faxes please.
It is the policy of Xaverian High School to provide equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or veteran status.