Position: Internship - Global Journeys Department
Location: New York, NY
Start: August 2018
WHO ARE WE?
Since opening in 2012 in Manhattan's vibrant Chelsea neighborhood, Avenues has grown from 750 to 1554 students in nursery – grade 12 and will continue growing to approximately 2000 students. Our vision is to provide a truly global education in an increasing number of the world’s leading cities as we expand over the coming decades. Avenues will be a highly-integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared curriculum, collective professional development of its faculty, the advantages of modern technology and a highly-talented global leadership team. Avenues is opening its second campus in Sao Paulo, Brazil this fall and has plans to eventually bring together 35,000 students and 3,000+ faculty members across a wide network of global campuses.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Avenues: The World School announces an internship to support Global Journey’s inbound and outbound international programs. The intern will gain experience in a variety of aspects of international education during his/her term: program development, student recruitment and selection, program implementation, and more. This is a perfect position for a candidate interested in learning a broad spectrum of international education topics in secondary school education and will provide the candidate a chance to experience the lifecycle of international education over the course of an academic year.
- Program Design and Delivery:
- Assist with the development of curriculum and resources for faculty, parents and
- Assist with student outreach (lunchtime tables, visiting classes, etc.).
- Develop more comprehensive training program for the instructors including updating handbooks, toolkit, and improving training.
- Research and Analysis:
- Perform competitive research and analysis of best practices.
- Evaluate current programs and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Assist with social media: write content for the blog and organize photo-contest.
- Communicate with instructors, parents and students as necessary.
- Program Administration:
- Participant form collection, processing visas, registering with embassy, pre-departure
- preparation logistics, etc.
- Other projects as assigned.