Devon Preparatory School seeks a full time certified secondary school counselor to provide comprehensive school counseling programs and services to all students while consulting with faculty, staff and parents.
- Valid PA School Counseling Certification required
- Master's Degree in School Counseling
- All current background checks and clearances required by the PA Department of Education
- 5+ years experience
- Support of all academic, social and emotional needs
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ethical awareness
- Ability to collaborate with all necessary parties
- Familiarity with SAP
Start date for this position is August, 2018
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Implement individual and group counseling programs
- Counsel individual students
- Consult with teachers, staff and parents
- Make necessary outside referrals and follow-up
- Respond to crises
- Maintain and process records and documentation
About Devon Preparatory School
Devon Preparatory School is a private, Catholic, college preparatory school for young men in grade six to twelve. Devon Prep’s approach to education is based on the traditions of the Piarist Fathers who are dedicated to the education of youth. For more than 50 years Devon Prep has provided a trusting and supportive atmosphere where young men are motivated to excel academically, think independently and creatively, to pursue careers in diverse fields and to enjoy extracurricular activities, both in school and in the community.
It is the goal at Devon Prep to inspire in our students a commitment to values that will enable them to become responsible leaders. Focusing on each student’s potential, we believe that the school and the family must work together to foster a love of learning which will propel the student into a lifelong quest for excellence—for the glory of God and the service of neighbor.