As Tower Hill School begins an ambitious capital campaign in conjunction with the celebration of their centennial anniversary, the Advancement Office seeks a strategic and energetic individual to join their team as a Major Gifts Officer. Reporting to the Director of Advancement and Enrollment Management, the Major Gifts Officer will proactively connect with alumni and parents with the goal of strengthening connections to Tower Hill and securing philanthropic support.
* Manage a portfolio of approximately 125 prospects with the capacity to make gifts of $25,000 or more. Move prospects through the stages of identification, qualification, cultivation, and solicitation in a strategic and efficient manner. Steward prospects as appropriate.
* Conduct regular face-to-face visits with prospects for the purpose of advancing the school’s relationship with the donor and soliciting annual fund and capital contributions. Maintain an average of 10 individual visits per month. Significant travel will be expected.
* Create persuasive presentations and written proposals matching the interests of prospects to specific projects and programs.
* Manage campaign volunteer committees, coordinating meetings, providing necessary lists and data, and following up as appropriate.
* Assist with campaign-related events such as dedications and cultivation luncheons and dinners.
* Assist the Director of Advancement and Enrollment Management with other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree and five years of advancement or related experience
* Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as superior organizational skills
* Demonstrated success in building relationships with key stakeholders, soliciting and closing major gifts, managing volunteer committees, and approaching problems and opportunities strategically.
Ability to travel and work evenings/weekends as needed Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About Tower Hill School
Tower Hill School is a coeducational private school for age 3 through Grade 12, dedicated to living our motto "Multa Bene Facta"- Many Things Done Well. With a beautiful 44-acre campus located in northwest Wilmington, Tower Hill has the reputation as one of the top academic schools in the region. Our unparalleled resources include excellent faculty, state-of-the-art facilities and individualized learning support.