Unity School has an immediate opening for a Teacher in our well-established Montessori school providing education to children in South Florida for over 50 years. We create a harmonious and peaceful environment by valuing our teachers, parents, administration, and children. We seek a positive role model who embraces life-long learning and demonstrates a strong work ethic as well as a collaborative approach to education.
Founded in 1964, Unity School is a private, independent school located in Delray Beach, Florida. Our school combines academic excellence with fine arts and music education, athletics/physical education and character development. This results in well-rounded students prepared for competitive high school and college environments. Unity School’s facilities include a gymnasium with theater-sized performance stage and dedicated studios for art, music, and TV production. Our Lessons-in-Living program truly sets Unity School apart from other schools. It focuses on earth stewardship, community outreach, peace education, and more. Through its teachings, students develop strong morals, ethics, and values that complement the school’s advanced academic focus. Our students are taught important life skills that help to fully prepare them as future world citizens. We currently have an enrollment of approximately 320 students from toddler (2 years old) through eighth grade in three schools: Montessori Preschool, Unity Elementary School & Unity Middle School.
Professional qualities include:
* Bachelor’s degree
* Three years teacher experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience managing an assistant teacher or in leadership
* Significant experience working with preschool age children
* Skilled at Positive Discipline and managing large groups of children
Desirable personal qualities include:
* A love for children and a desire to meet all students’ needs
* Collaborative approach to decision-making
* Ability to skillfully balance an array of responsibilities in a busy school environment
* An intellectually curious lifelong learner with a sincere passion for Montessori education
* Flexible and resilient with a down-to-earth, hands-on style of teaching