Catlin Gabel School seeks to employ the best qualified individuals from available applicants and to provide them with opportunity for advancement in a manner that does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal equal employment opportunity laws or regulations.
The School believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to its success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
TITLE: Administrative Associate ORGANIZATION: Catlin Gabel School REPORTS TO: Director of Advancement LOCATION: Portland, Oregon STATUS: Full-time (1.0 FTE), non-exempt position
POSITION SUMMARY The Administrative Associate provides operational support for the Advancement Department and Assistant Head of School, working closely with the Director of Advancement on the day-to-day management of and administrative tasks for the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES • Provide support to the Director of Advancement as needed to meet department goals and objectives.
• Provide support to the Assistant Head of School.
• Manage and monitor the department’s overall information sharing system including, but not limited to, the shared folder and team communication.
• Manage the Advancement Department’s calendar.
• Provide internal and external meeting preparation and support (i.e. book rooms, manage invitations, handle correspondence, draft agendas, print materials, take notes, etc.).
• Provide stewardship support, such as donor acknowledgement letters and pledge reminders, endowment reports, etc.
• Monitor the budget, including: VISA card purchases and reconciliation, track expenses, run monthly reports, etc.
• Provide data support, such as entering contact reports, coordinating reports and research with the Advancement Services Team.
• Provide support for hiring and onboarding of new staff.
• Manage office supply inventory, purchases, and storage.
• Provide support for major events (i.e. Auction, Homecoming, Alumni Weekend, Campaign).
• Manage the maintenance and function of the printer, copier, and equipment in the conference room/kitchen.
QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor’s Degree required; minimum of two-years relevant experience.
• Operations and/or executive assistant work experience, preferred.
• Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multitasking abilities.
• Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong written and verbal communications. Ability to interface with high-net worth individuals, C-level executives, and institutional funders
• Tech savvy and comfortable working with a variety of software platforms and databases.
• Fast learner and good eye for detail.
• Able to work well independently and within a team environment; customer-service oriented.
• Positive, self-motivated, flexible, and quick learning performer highly valued.
• Must have personal vehicle and valid driver’s license for work-related errands.
• Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends occasionally outdoors, as required.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS This position requires frequent computer use, occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds, and periods of high physical activity during events. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE Applicants must submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references.
About Catlin Gabel School
Catlin Gabel School is a coeducational, independent day school located on 54 acres in the West Hills neighborhood of Portland, Oregon formed in 1957 by the merger of the Catlin Hillside School, which had been founded as Miss Catlin’s School in 1911, and the Gabel Country Day School, whose roots extend to 1859 with the founding of The Portland Academy. The campus itself is a former farm with beautiful trees, fields, and plantings that has been modernized and upgraded over the years with new and renovated buildings that blend in with the natural surroundings.
We offer a broad and challenging curriculum based on a progressive philosophy with small classes designed to educate the total person, incorporating the academic along with the arts, physical education, and a strong sense of community service. The school enrolls nearly 740 students in Pre-Kindergarten through twelfth grade and has 100 faculty members committed to diversity among students, faculty and staff. Catlin Gabel is an equal opportunity employer.