INLY SCHOOL | 46 WATCH HILL DRIVE, SCITUATE, MA 02066 | WWW.INLYSCHOOL.ORG
Job Description: Bursar and Accountant
Full Time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Business Manager
Inly School is a private independent pre K-8 Montessori School located in Scituate, MA, 25 miles south of
Boston. It serves 285 students from 20 towns on the south shore.
This position is responsible for handling the processing and accounting of student tuition, financial aid,
fundraising pledges and receipts, and cash deposits. This role also performs a central purchasing function for
• In-charge of student account billing, collections, payment plans, and cashiering functions using an
automated tuition billing and management system (TADS). This includes a summer camp program.
• Records changes in tuition schedules, invoices after-care services, initiates refund payments, and
monitors student account activity.
• Participates as active member of the Financial Aid Committee; tracks and reports candidates, awards,
and remaining budget available to grant.
• Reconciles TADS sub-ledger to GL on regular basis; posts journal entries to record revenue and cash
collections, as well as petty cash activity.
• Works closely and responsively with parents providing answers to billing and payment questions.
• Reconciles temp restricted accounts and releases funds from donor restrictions at time when their
purposes are accomplished.
• Prepares childcare tax-credit information requested by parents.
• Stays current as TADS subject-matter expert.
• Places orders with vendors taking advantage of volume discounts and pricing opportunities to reduce
school spending costs.
• Prepares cash bank reconciliations on monthly basis.
• Ensures compliance with GAAP accounting.
• Assists with the annual financial audit.
• Facilitates information flow between Admissions, Development, and other groups to ensure timely
• Performs other duties as requested by senior management.
To apply for this position, please email your resumé to Alan Boyer, Business Manager:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in non-profit accounting and/or management of student financial
services in an educational institution.
• Knowledge of accrual accounting (US GAAP) and its application to student accounts; understanding
applicable federal and state laws.
• Knowledge of automated student record systems preferred but not required.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Effective oral and written communication, and customer-service oriented.
• Attention to detail, initiative, and dedication to seeing issues through to completion.
About Inly School
Located on Boston’s South Shore, Inly School is a progressive co-educational day school for students in toddler through 8th grade. Inly blends Montessori curriculum and philosophy with educational best practices to teach core subjects, world languages, arts, athletics, and life skills in a highly experiential and individualized manner.