Position Purpose: Teacher Learning Center (TLC) faculty works collaboratively as a member of the Kelly Campus faculty team to develop and faciliate transformative place-based educational experiences for youth, family, and adult groups. The TLC faculty specializes in coordinating place-based education professional development, graduate student outreach, and pre-service teacher trainings. This educator engages in programmatic visioning, development of systems, oversight of risk management and other key programmatic responsibilities. In addition to these areas of focus, the Teacher Learning Center faculty is part of the Kelly Campus faculty team to mentor graduate students and contract instructors, write and administer grants. and host field education programs. WFR, CPR, AED certification required. This is a full-time, exempt position.
• Master's Degree Preferred
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and Google Apps
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external constituents
• Ability to manage risk and make leadership decisions in front and backcountry settings.
• At least 5 years of demonstrated excellence in program leadership, field and classroom teaching, place-based education, and mentorship of educators.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
• Extensive overnight travel
• Stretches of time outdoors in all weather, including extreme temperatures and arid conditions
• May be expected to work evenings, weekends or overtime to support special programs/events
• Primarily Kelly Campus of Teton Science Schools with potential meetings/interactions/work on all campuses locations
• Carry a backpack of 20+ lbs for 8 hours a day over uneven terrain
• Able to drive 15 passenger vans & minibuses with participants
• Able to sit/stand at a desk for up to 8 hours
45% Teacher Learning Center:
• Plan, deliver, organize and assess the logistics and content of teacher professional development program
• Plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate outreach programs
• Oversee the outreach program partnerships and relevant grant requirements
• Support teachers in the implementation of place-based education through coaching, co-planning, and periodic check-ins as some examples
40% Graduate Program:
• Teach, coach, and mentor graduate student and instructor educators in the development of pedagogical, leadership, and instructional skills and the implementation of thematic, place-based, experiential curriculum for field days and evening programs
• Manage graduate program administrative responsibilities including scheduling, advising, and assessment
10% Field Education Programming
• Work with visiting groups to develop customized, high-quality, place-based education programs for adult, family, and/or youth residential and nonresidential programming
• Assist with administrative duties necessary for high quality programs and efficient customer service
• Serve in the faculty on call for the Kelly Campus
• Support and assist in the management of Field Education systems including food service, gear, budgets, hands to work, registration, operations, campus systems and marketing
5% One TSS Responsibilities
• Collaborate with institutional and external partners regarding shared programs, resources, systems, staff, and curriculum
• Attend Kelly Campus faculty meetings and trainings
• Support cross-organizational initiatives as needed
This job description is not meant to state or imply that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their manager in compliance with federal and state laws.
About Teton Science Schools
Teton Science Schools' (TSS) mission is to inspire curiosity, engagement and leadership through transformative place-based education. TSS is an organization in northwest Wyoming and Idaho comprised of six program areas sharing a common vision of education. TSS is deeply rooted in the outdoors as place anchors and enriches our understanding of the world. Our organization has educated, trained and inspired thousands of children, youth and adults, bringing them together through the study of place-based education. We serve students from across Wyoming, the Intermountain West, the nation and around the world.