Sidwell Friends, a coeducational Quaker day school, seeks a part-time Aide or Assistant Teacher for the Infant/Toddler & Twos Classroom in the Early Childhood Education Center (ECLC), located on its Bethesda, MD campus. The ECLC is a small facility serving the Sidwell Friends faculty and staff. The Center currently has an infant (up to 6 infants) and toddler (up to 6 toddlers) classroom.
Applicants must meet all State of Maryland requirements for an Aide (High school diploma or GED required, and at least 1 year experience preferred). In addition the ideal candidate will
· Create a warm, loving and safe environment for mobile infants
· Create an engaging atmosphere and develop meaningful activities and experiences for toddlers and twos
· Collaborate as a team to further develop our center
· Be able to interact and play with the children at their physical level
· Design activities that are child initiated, and cover physical, social/emotional, linguistic, and cognitive development
· Communicate with families
· Contribute to monthly lesson plans that are focused on the students’ interests
The Center is open 7:15 am – 5:30 pm. This position is a part time, non-benefit eligible and hours are likely Monday – Friday 7:30-11:30am or 12noon-4:30/5:30pm.
To apply, please submit the Maryland Individual Personnel Information Form along with a resume and proof of meeting the State of Maryland qualifications via our on-line application.
About Sidwell Friends School
Sidwell Friends School (SFS) is a PK-12, co-educational Quaker day school with campuses in Washington, D.C., and Bethesda, Maryland. Founded in 1883, the School is a nonprofit, tax-exempt institution governed by an independent Board of Trustees.
A Sidwell Friends education aims to help students become the leaders of the future. To that end, the School seeks qualified individuals with the knowledge, skills, and ability to enhance the student experience and strengthen our community.
Sidwell Friends maintains a generous salary and benefits package that supports and rewards our employees while helping them to deepen their professional expertise and grow as individuals.
For teaching positions, a master’s degree and teaching experience in the field are preferred; a bachelor’s degree is required. For staff positions, we seek candidates with relevant experience, a commitment to excellence, and an enthusiasm for being a member of our vibrant and diverse community.