Malden Catholic seeks a highly ethical, poised, polished, articulate individual who possesses excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication, and public speaking skills. Candidates for this position must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals and groups.
This individual must be a detail-oriented self-starter who exhibits excellent time-managements skills, sound judgment, and the ability to keep track of and work on multiple projects simultaneously. The successful candidate must embrace the school’s mission, understand and support private Catholic education, and demonstrate the ability to work with, counsel, and match prospective students and their families with the school.
The candidate must be proactive and flexible; demonstrate superior computing skills in Microsoft
Word, Excel, and the Internet; and have knowledge of and experience with database software. Experience with Constant Contact, Adobe, and web editing software is preferred. A bachelor’s degree is required. Strong proficiency or fluency in a second language is preferred.
The Assistant Director reports to the Director of Admission in a 12-month position. Malden Catholic is a codivisional high school located seven miles north of Boston. Boys and Girls study in two separate single-gender academic divisions.
School Mission- Malden Catholic High School, a private Catholic school sponsored by the Xaverian Brothers, creates a community of faith that promotes the dignity of all through Gospel values and an
environment that fosters the love of God, of self and of others. Dedicated to the spiritual, intellectual, creative, social, and physical development of its students, Malden Catholic offers a college preparatory curriculum, sensitive to individual needs in a Catholic familial atmosphere.
Admissions Office - As part of a cohesive and vibrant admission team, the Assistant Director of Admission works with the Director in all aspects of the recruiting and admission processes. The duties of the Assistant Director include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Skillfully manage the flow of students, parents, visitors, and staff to the admission office with a warm and welcoming manner.
- Field a wide range of calls, providing accurate, essential information using professional telephone etiquette.
- Retrieve and respond to voicemail and email messages and online inquiries in a timely manner.
- Process inquiries and applications and communicate with inquiry and applicant families.
- Strategically organize recruitment and retention activities to meet enrollment and retention goals, including planning, coordinating, and orchestrating events such as Fall Open Houses, shadow days, welcome receptions, and other outreach events.
- In conjunction with the Director of Admissions, engage with local schools, and community clubs and organizations to facilitate a greater understanding of Malden Catholic to assist in recruiting mission appropriate students and families to the school.
- Assist with the planning, orchestration, and implementation of all admission office events and meetings.
- Assist with processing and recording all applicant forms as received. Organize and maintain office files so that all materials, records, and reports are readily accessible, orderly, and up-to-date.
- Read applicant files and sit on admissions committee.
- With the Director of Admissions, communicate with faculty to achieve a desired student profile to support the enrollment of mission-appropriate students.
- Interact in a positive manner with colleagues and parent volunteers.
- Maintain a pleasant office space and assist with general office operations.
- Assist with outreach to prospective families.
- Respond to other duties as requested.
- Record all inquiries as well as the receipt of all applications and required forms in the database.
- Ensure that the status of applicant files is up-to-date and accessible through the database.
- Maintain a record of all correspondence in the database.
- Work with the Director of Information Technology, Director of Marketing & Communications, and International Enrollment Coordinator when necessary.
Applicants for the position of Assistant Director of Admissions should e-mail cover letter and
resume to Mr. Matthew O’Neil, Director of Admissions firstname.lastname@example.org. Anticipated Salary Range - $40,000-$50,000 annually including benefits. Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply. Position open until filled.
Bachelors degree Required. Practicing Catholic preferred (not required). 2nd language fluency strongly preferred. Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Additional Salary Information: benefits include health/dental insurance, vacation and sick leave, short term and long term disability, life insurance
About Malden Catholic High School
Since 1932, Malden Catholic, a Xaverian Brothers sponsored school, has established itself as a private, college-preparatory high school for boys. Located less than 10 miles north of Boston, MC serves a diverse group of students from 42 surrounding towns. In fall of 2018, MC will be opening its doors to serve girls and will establish itself as a co-divisional Catholic school offering single-gender education to nearly 700 students. Malden Catholic will be harkening back to our roots, as for nearly 60 years, Malden Catholic had a successful sister school (Girls Catholic) serving girls in the area into the 1990s. MC recently concluded a highly successful $20 million capital campaign and is planning a $7.5 million renovation to house the Girls’ Division.