Science (Upper School) Long-Term Sub (Dec 2018 - June 2019)
St. Andrew's School
October 1, 2018
Temp to Full Time - Faculty
4 Year Degree
St. Andrew's School is an independent pre-kindergarten through 12th grade, college preparatory school in Savannah, Georgia. St. Andrew’s is one of the first schools to adopt a 1:1 iPad initiative in the nation, and the 2017-2018 school year marks the eighth year of this program. The primary purpose of the Upper School program at St. Andrew’s is to provide a nurturing environment where students are challenged by an academic program that is both developmentally appropriate and prepares student for success in a post-secondary environment. St. Andrew’s offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. St. Andrew’s School’s environment is built on a student-centered approach with small class sizes, a wide range of course offerings, and electives and extracurricular opportunities to allow students to explore and pursue individual interests. We strive to address the social and emotional needs of our students in addition to instilling a motivation to be life-long learners and active members of their community.
St. Andrew?s School expects the following of all our teachers, and we are committed to the ongoing support of faculty in maintaining these standards:
- Teachers are committed to students and their learning
- Teachers are excellent communicators
- Teachers are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning
- Teachers think systematically about their practice and learn from experience
- Teachers are members of learning communities
- Teachers are dedicated to 21st Century pedagogy and are comfortable utilizing technology in the classroom to supplement instruction
Opening for Upper School Science - IB Biology (Y1 and Y2)/Biology:
St. Andrew’s seeks a long-term substitute teacher for our Upper School IB Biology/Biology courses beginning mid-December (2018) and running through the end of the school year. The position has the potential to turn into a full-time teaching position for the 2019-20 school year.
- A bachelor’s degree in biology or a closely related field
- Ability to teach both introductory and advanced level courses
- Experience working with upper school students
- Willingness to serve as a small group advisor
- Knowledge and experience implementing educational technology in the classroom
- A graduate degree in biology or a closely related field
- Knowledge and/or experience with the IB philosophy and curriculum
- 3-5 years teaching in Upper School classrooms
- Experience advising a club or sport
- Knowledge and/or experience working in an independent school environment
- Knowledge and familiarity with Apple technology
Specific duties beyond teaching include course development and implementation, student advising, faculty committee work, club/activity advising, and small community jobs shared by all faculty. For additional information about the school, visit our website at www.saintschool.com. To apply for this position, send a cover letter, resume, and two letters of recommendation to Ryan Martin, Head of Upper School, at email@example.com.
Internal Number: StA181901
About St. Andrew's School
St. Andrew's is a mid-sized independent school located on Wilmington Island off the coast of Savannah, GA. The school adopted iPad technology for one-to-one instruction with the first generation and is an International Baccalaureate World School. The school is dedicated to individualized instruction, global competency, and sustainability.