The Director of Stewardship is responsible for designing, implementing and coordinating an institution-wide comprehensive donor relations and stewardship system that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels.
In addition, the position must sustain positive and mutually-rewarding relations between the school and its donors; work with the Development Director to determine the best strategies for effective stewardship of donors; maintain ongoing and active network with internal and external constituencies; and advise on the facilitation of recognition events and coordinate various activities for donor societies.
Responsibilities will include:
• Establishes and manages information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communications and continued cultivation of past and current major donors to enhance their relationship with the school and increase the likelihood of continued contributions. Develops and assesses policies and procedures that are essential for a comprehensive donor relations program.
• Designs, documents, and implements a systematic and integrated donor relations program that encompasses donor recognition events, endowed position installations, and building naming dedications. Responsible for devising and using consistent, accurate, and appropriate information-sharing mechanisms for stewarding prospects and donors. Proactively supports the stewardship responsibilities of the development staff by assisting them in establishing and coordinating individualized stewardship plans for donors. Customizing stewardship actions for all donors.
• Works collaboratively with major gift officers to compose letters, compile appropriate invitation lists, engage featured program participants, create programs and provide program materials, prepare program scripts and participant remarks (as needed) and create and/or obtain donor awards and recognitions.
• Coordinates with Director of Development for consistent contact with the most significant donors, helping to resolve problems, questions, and concerns.
• The Director of Stewardship reports to the Director of Development. To effectively fulfill the responsibilities of the position, the Director must work closely with the Director of Annual Fund, Director of Planned Giving, Director of Major Gifts, and Director of Alumni Relations.
• Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of five years of development work experience. • Proven success in achieving fundraising goals • Strong interpersonal and communication skills • Excellent oral and written skills • Strong organizational skills • Proficiency with social media outlets • Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software desired
Please forward Cover Letter and Resume to Shannon Howell, Director of Development, Severn School S.firstname.lastname@example.org