Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Beijing, Avenues London, Avenues Doha. Think of Avenues as one international school with multiple interconnected campuses. It will not be a collection of schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
The head of summer programs is responsible for the strategic vision, planning, marketing and execution of our New York Campus summer programming that strives to develop world-wise leaders uniquely equipped to understand and solve global scale problems. The programs presently include Spanish and Chinese immersion camps, enrichment programs and online summer courses. The head of summer programs will build and manage an outstanding team charged with executing high-quality programs that challenge students to uncover their passions outside the classroom, take risks, and develop the skills that will enable them to become architects of lives that transcend the ordinary.
The ideal candidate must have a background in education preferably in language learning programs. Strong business acumen, sound judgment, and exceptional leadership skills in a school setting are essential. In addition, they must have a proven track record that demonstrates their ability to lead world-class programming.
Set the strategic vision for summer programs that enhances the overall Avenues experience
- Build, communicate and reinforce a vision for the summer programs; recruit and lead an outstanding seasonal and part-time team to collectively work toward that shared vision
- Develop innovative programs that establish Avenues summer programming as a leader in both immersion and enrichment programming.
Meet financial targets
- Manage the financial performance of the program
- Meet enrollment, revenue and expense targets set each year
- Serve as point person for the Headquarters accounting team and report revenue and expense on a weekly basis
Market programs with vision and strategy
- Set the strategic vision for marketing each year and lead the team to implement this vision
- Liaise with the creative team, media buyers, account managers and internal communication team to ensure innovative and effective outreach aligned with the organization’s creative standards
Execute programs that delight families
- Guarantee all summer program logistics run smoothly, support summer staff to attend to the details of their program and proactively plan for areas of complexity
- Ensure all of students and families are satisfied with their experience in summer programs and would recommend Avenues to other students and families
- Proactively identify areas for improvement in programs and resource solutions appropriately