Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Beijing, Avenues London, Avenues Doha. Think of Avenues as one international school with multiple interconnected campuses. It will not be a collection of schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
The associate head of after school is responsible for supporting the vision and execution of our New York Campus after school programming that strives to develop world-wise leaders uniquely equipped to understand and solve global scale problems. The programs presently include a general care program, over 100 different enrichment programs, private music lessons, competitive teams and “mini camps.”
The ideal candidate has demonstrated leadership and project management skills and is a smart, motivated high-performer, with excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and customer service focus. The candidate must be able to quickly build strong relationships with colleagues and parents and navigate obstacles in order to accomplish ambitious goals. This role ensures that everything just works well.
Execute after school programs that enhances the overall Avenues experience
- Work with the head of after school to envision, communicate and flawlessly execute a robust after school program; and support an outstanding seasonal and part-time team to collectively work toward that shared vision
- Nurtures a culture that is relentlessly focused on high quality service and continually improving the experience of teachers and families.
Ensure smoothly functioning operations that support family experience
- Guarantee all after school program logistics run smoothly on a day-to-day basis, support specialty teachers, private music lesson instructors and lead two regular part time admins to attend to the details of their program and proactively plan for areas of complexity
- Oversee day to day communications and ensure timely and appropriate response
- Ensure all of students and families are satisfied with their experience in after school programs and would recommend Avenues to other students and families
- Proactively identify areas for improvement in programs and resource solutions appropriately