Catlin Gabel School has opportunities for Substitute Spanish Teachers throughout our Lower, Middle and Upper Schools.
Substitute teachers work on an as-needed basis to cover teacher or teacher assistant positions. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Appreciate children and have an understanding of stages of child development.
· Positively establish, manage and maintain classroom behavior expectations.
· Ability to support students’ capacity to think critically, to infer, experiment and question using student-centered, experiential, and differentiated methods.
· Ability to successfully implement lesson plans and follow routines as described by the permanent teacher.
· Cooperate in school-wide supervision of student and ensure children’s safety.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT AND APPLY AT: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=160
*** Equal employment opportunity and treatment shall be practiced by Catlin Gabel School regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability, if the employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, is able to perform the essential functions of the position***
· Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Education or Elementary/Early Childhood Education preferable
· At least 2 years experience teaching early childhood and/or elementary school-age children, and other age groups
Candidates offered a position at lower grade levels must be able to pass a background check through Oregon Child Care Division and Oregon Department of Education. Candidates offered a position must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
About Catlin Gabel School
Catlin Gabel School is a coeducational, independent day school located on 54 acres in the West Hills neighborhood of Portland, Oregon formed in 1957 by the merger of the Catlin Hillside School, which had been founded as Miss Catlin’s School in 1911, and the Gabel Country Day School, whose roots extend to 1859 with the founding of The Portland Academy. The campus itself is a former farm with beautiful trees, fields, and plantings that has been modernized and upgraded over the years with new and renovated buildings that blend in with the natural surroundings.
We offer a broad and challenging curriculum based on a progressive philosophy with small classes designed to educate the total person, incorporating the academic along with the arts, physical education, and a strong sense of community service. The school enrolls nearly 740 students in Pre-Kindergarten through twelfth grade and has 100 faculty members committed to diversity among students, faculty and staff. Catlin Gabel is an equal opportunity employer.