The Lipscomb Academy Athletic Director (AD) provides leadership for the development and supervision of all athletic programs in accordance with Lipscomb Academy’s mission and rules of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association (TSSAA) Division II regulations. The AD will be a person of high Christian character, who is positive and has the ability to communicate effectively with and relate to students, parents, alumni and all LA constituents. The AD will have a tremendous work ethic and an unwavering desire to grow and strengthen the LA athletic programs. The AD is responsible for overseeing all athletic personnel and facilities and setting the vision for athletic facility needs and improvements. Working closely with the Associate Head of School for Advancement, the AD is responsible for creating a sustainable financial support model for Lipscomb Academy athletic programs. Supervises all coaching staff and athletic administrative staff.
In addition to the typical duties and responsibilities for this position, the successful candidate will have and exhibit the following knowledge, skill and/or ability:
1. Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree required and at least five years of related experience. Master’s degree or equivalent strongly preferred. Prior successful experience working in school administration and coaching positions strongly preferred.
2. Interpersonal Skills: Works well with others from diverse backgrounds. Focuses on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting; keeping emotions under control; remaining open to others’ ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit. Demonstrated ability to successfully work with and lead or motivate students, parents and staff.
3. Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Ability to effectively present information and respond effectively to questions in one-on-one and small group situations to students, parents and other school staff. Ability to verbally respond to common inquiries from students, parents, coaches and staff. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and governmental regulations. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
4. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in varying forms and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to problem solve and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
5. Other Skills and Abilities: General knowledge of computer usage and ability to use e-mail, word processing software, and internal software. Demonstrated knowledge of child growth and development at each level of instruction and of the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of adolescent students. Strong background in the rules and regulations of high school athletic sports. Possesses knowledge of effective behavior management methods. Ability to delegate responsibilities and meet timelines. This work requires working non-standard hours to attend games and set up and take down.
6. Certificates, Licenses and Registrations: Ability to obtain a valid CPR/First Aid card, Tennessee Driver License.
To apply for this position: https://lipscomb.peopleadmin.com/hr/postings/5163.