Are you looking to be a part of an educational setting, working with children? MCI is an independent, 9-13, high school seeking dependable individuals to serve as substitute teachers. Substitutes are needed on an on-call basis throughout the school year.
Must possess a high school diploma or GED
Must have up-to-date CHRC approval from the Maine Department of Education or be willing and able to acquire such approval
MCI pledges to provide a rigorous, comprehensive educational program to a multicultural student body with a wide range of abilities and interests. In a safe and caring atmosphere, students will acquire knowledge, self-esteem, social responsibility, and the critical thinking and communication skills necessary for global citizenship and lifelong learning. - MCI's Mission Statement
MCI is located in a rural, picturesque region of central Maine in the town of Pittsfield, appreciated for being a safe, family-oriented community. It is located within 30 minutes of Waterville and Bangor, and 90 minutes from Portland, conveniently accessible by Interstate 95. MCI serves a multicultural population of residential students representing many different states and several foreign countries. The school also serves 300+ day students from the towns of Burnham, Detroit, Pittsfield and other surrounding communities. The progressive educational program serves a wide range of abilities and interests.
* MCI, founded in 1866, has a rich educational tradition
* we offer a comprehensive educational program serving students in grades 9-12, PG with a wide range of abilities and interests
* we... provide a safe, caring, supportive atmosphere
* we are proud of our diverse student body
* we offer extensive choices for athletic, extracurricular and academic enrichment opportunities
* Maine Central Institute provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.