Bancroft seeks a per diem school nurse to support the work of the School’s Health Services on an “on-call” basis. The per diem school nurse will likely work a minimum of two days per month.
School nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that is accountable for the well-being and academic success of students.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Provide direct nursing care to students, faculty, and staff while covering the health services in the absence of the Director.
2. Record details of visits with students, staff, and faculty; notify parents when further medical evaluation is indicated.
3. Provide medically prescribed interventions. Nursing care procedures prescribed by the student’s physician and administer daily and PRN (as needed) medications.
4. Initiate emergency procedures for students, faculty, and staff as needed when on duty.
1. Must have a valid license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Massachusetts (M.G.L. c.71, s. 53).
2. Hold a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a college or university program in nursing accredited by the National League for Nursing.
3. Maintain certification in CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) from a recognized provider (i.e. American Heart Association, American Red Cross).
4. Minimum of 2 years of experience in nursing, preferably in pediatrics or public health.
If interested please send a cover letter, references and resume to: Nichole Aubin, Executive Assistant to the Head of School.
Bancroft School is an equal opportunity employer and a tobacco and chemical free workplace.
About Bancroft School
Families throughout Central Massachusetts and MetroWest choose Bancroft School for its robust college-preparatory academics and supportive community. The Bancroft experience fosters good people who emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens. Bancroft students develop deep connections in the community, and form lasting relationships with faculty, coaches, and peers. Each child’s individual learning style and interests guide their explorations into core academics, arts, sports, and co-curriculars. Founded in 1900, Bancroft is Greater Worcester’s leading independent PreK–12 day school.