St. Mary’s Academy is seeking an eighth grade Middle School Language Arts Teacher for the 2019-2020
academic year. This is a full-time, 10-month, exempt position reporting to the Middle School Principal.
The position entails daily meetings with four sections of eighth-grade language arts, an
advisory/community action team and an elective. The teaching of writing, grammar, and literary analysis
are key elements of the Middle School language arts curriculum. The eighth-grade language arts teacher
works closely with other eighth-grade teachers, language arts teachers across the Academy, and the Middle
School faculty as a whole to develop the division’s program. This individual supports the organization by
planning, organizing and implementing an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment
that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
Bachelor’s degree in literature, writing or related area
• Master’s degree preferred
• An understanding of and appreciation for the developmental needs of young adolescents
• Willingness to build and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues and parents
• Commitment to employing a positive, growth mindset to teaching
• A sense of resonance with the St. Mary’s Academy mission.