WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
A top-tier school in New York City, offering a truly global education, that will expand to the world’s leading cities in the next decades. Teaching and learning through dual language immersion and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology throughout. Brilliant colleagues, with widely diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled possibilities for professional learning and development prospects around the globe. There is no place quite like Avenues.
DEEP COLLABORATION THROUGH LANGUAGE IMMERSION
Collaboration here isn't a buzzword: it's woven into everything we do given that our students in grades N-5 alternate their days between their English and Target Language classrooms.
- Teacher teams composed of English and Spanish teachers or English and Chinese teachers share two classes of students
- Teacher teams share responsibility for teaching curriculum that promotes their students’ social, emotional and academic growth in both languages.
- Given this structure teacher teams communicate daily to plan lessons and discuss student progress
- Additionally teachers collaborate with fellow grade-level and language colleagues during weekly meetings.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate intensively and daily with colleagues to design learning outcomes, monitor growth, and thoughtfully address individual student needs.
- Design innovative curriculum that engages all learners in meaningful and challenging work that cultivates real-world problem solving skills and develops social responsibility
- Deeply connect with students, colleagues and parents to vigorously uphold a culture of welcome, safety and respect.
- Invoke a robust learning atmosphere that leads students to deeply value being at school and feel part of a rigorous and joyful learning community.