In consultation with colleagues in the World Language department and other members of the Middle Learning team, the Middle Learning Spanish teacher is responsible for teaching a full load of Spanish classes.
· Teach a full load of Spanish classes. In addition, full time employees of Middle Learning are expected to advise students and teach an elective course, as needed.
· Design a differentiated and globally integrated curriculum which includes project based, student initiative driven units and labs, incorporates hands on learning and adventurous out of box thinking experiments with location, digital communication and content integration.
· Assign related coursework and track student performance; evaluate programs and student progress (conferences, written evaluation, and written daily correspondence).
· Conduct classes in Spanish; use minimal English in instruction based on student ability and proficiency.
· Demonstrate an attitude of flexibility with regard to curriculum decisions in order to meet the instructional needs.
· Instruct and encourage individual students; establish goals for individualized students and small groups.
· Collaborate with colleagues and seek feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
· Reflect on instructional practices to meet individual professional development goals.
· Assume personal responsibility for student achievement.
· Actively participate in professional development, grade level, and department meetings.
· Manage the class and ensure engagement and discipline.
· Communicate with parents or other interested parties.
· Ability to work with a wide range of abilities and to foster excellence in speaking, writing, reading and listening to Spanish.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Excellent oral and written communication and presentational skills.
· Creativity and energy in the classroom.
· Capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with parents, administration and staff.
· Ability to cooperate successfully as a member of a team in highly collaborative environment.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
· Demonstrated knowledge of technology and the ability to integrate it into the curriculum.
· Knowledge of a variety of cultural perspectives and the ability to incorporate it into the curriculum.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Master’s degree preferred
Minimum of 3 years teaching Spanish at the Middle Learning level
Lifting up to 20 pounds, standing, walking, sitting, reaching, operating computer and other office and classroom equipment
General office and classroom conditions
Additional Salary Information: Salary is negotiated based on years of experience and degree earned