SYNAPSE SCHOOL POSITION OVERVIEW: COORDINATOR OF EXTENDED PROGRAMS
The Synapse School in Menlo Park, CA, an innovative K-8 independent school located in the heart of Silicon Valley dedicated to rethinking and reimagining education, seeks a Coordinator of Extended Programs for the 2019-20 School Year
JOB DESCRIPTION: Synapse School has an immediate opening for an exceptional Coordinator of Extended Programs for the 2019-20 school year. The Coordinator of Extended Programs is an integral part of building our school community and supporting families during their years at Synapse. The ideal candidate possesses a love of children, a positive disposition, a growth mindset and a creative spirit.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
* Lead children in activities both structured and informal throughout the afternoon time.
* Collaborate and plan with other members of After Care team.
* Keep accurate records of children attending the After Care and After School program and provide information to the business office for billing.
* Establish mutually beneficial partnerships with outside providers who offer inspiring content for additional programming during after school hours.
* Manage marketing, registration, attendance and other logistics involved in After School Programs.
* Communicate promptly with families and coworkers regarding programmatic questions and logistics
* Cover recess and other duties during the school day.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAITS
* Positive, enthusiastic, and warm personality
* Strong work ethic, proactive, and success-oriented
* Experience working with children, preferably in an afterschool setting
* Friendly and patient with excellent communication skills
* Reliable, flexible, and adaptable
* Strong communication and organizational skills with high levels of attention to detail
* An undergraduate degree is required, a master’s degree is preferred.
* Experience in an independent school is preferred, but not required
Please submit a resume, a concise cover letter detailing your teaching experience, your interest in the position, and any other supporting materials you would like to share via email with the subject line “Coordinator of Extended Programs” to Liz Davis, Assistant Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Synapse School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability and familial affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
About Synapse School
An independent elementary and middle school in Menlo Park, California, Synapse, a Lab school of Six Seconds, educates change makers by combining social-emotional learning, leading-edge academics, and the practice of innovation. We have an unwavering belief in the capacity of children, and our teachers work alongside our students to unlock their powers of curiosity, discovery, and creativity. Synapse’s program provides a deep and unique range of integrated academic, social, and creative experiences to help children use their hearts and hands to unleash their passion for learning. Synapse draws students from around the San Francisco Bay Area. In its tenth year, the School is in a dynamic growth mode, and is expanding its reach in all areas including facilities, program, research, outreach, and enrollment.