SYNAPSE SCHOOL POSITION OVERVIEW: LOWER SCHOOL LEAD TEACHER
The Synapse School in Menlo Park, CA, an innovative K-8 independent school located in the heart of Silicon Valley dedicated to rethinking and reimagining education, seeks a Grade 3 and 4 LOWER SCHOOL LEAD TEACHER
JOB DESCRIPTION: Synapse School has full-time opening for an exceptional Lower School Classroom teacher for the 2019 - 20 school year. The ideal candidate possesses a positive disposition, a growth mindset, a collaborative spirit, and an interest in building community. Candidates must be excited to collaborate with faculty to create curriculum and communicate with families, be flexible in order to meet the needs of the school community, and be committed to student success. Additional responsibilities include SEL instruction, collaborative teacher meetings, evening and weekend events, and supervisory duties.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
* Teach expertly with the highest standards for each student
* Teach the whole child with a strong emphasis on Social Emotional Learning
* Convey enthusiasm for content and intellectual inquiry
* Design instruction that emphasizes critical thinking and problem solving
* Collaborate with colleagues to design, prepare, deliver, and assess rich curriculum and instruction
* Integrate appropriate technology to enhance learning
* Collaborate effectively with students, teachers, and parents
* Model flexibility in implementing best learning practices
* Support the wellbeing of all students
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAITS
* Positive, enthusiastic, and warm personality
* Strong work ethic, proactive, and success-oriented
* Experience working with lower school students in an elementary setting
* Friendly and patient with excellent communication skills
* Reliable, flexible, and adaptable
* An undergraduate degree is required, a master’s degree is preferred.
* Experience in an independent school is preferred, but not required
Please submit a resume, a concise cover letter detailing your teaching experience, your interest in the position, and any other supporting materials you would like to share via email with the subject line “LS Teacher” to Liz Davis, Assistant Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Synapse School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability and familial affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
About Synapse School
An independent elementary and middle school in Menlo Park, California, Synapse, a Lab school of Six Seconds, educates change makers by combining social-emotional learning, leading-edge academics, and the practice of innovation. We have an unwavering belief in the capacity of children, and our teachers work alongside our students to unlock their powers of curiosity, discovery, and creativity. Synapse’s program provides a deep and unique range of integrated academic, social, and creative experiences to help children use their hearts and hands to unleash their passion for learning. Synapse draws students from around the San Francisco Bay Area. In its tenth year, the School is in a dynamic growth mode, and is expanding its reach in all areas including facilities, program, research, outreach, and enrollment.