Friends’ Central School seeks a Lower School Substitute Teacher for a part-time position beginning in the 2018-2019 school year.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate knowledge of and experience in hands-on and integrated learning; be highly motivated, hard-working, collaborative, and flexible; demonstrate a desire to learn; show initiative; and have a sense of humor. This position will be under the supervision of the Lower School Principal.
In addition to having the required professional and educational background, we seek an enthusiastic, energetic candidate who is ready to:
• Teach provided lesson plans, including spelling, grammar, literacy, writing, and social studies
• Support community within the classroom and demonstrate clear and affirming classroom management
• Supervise students in the lunch room and at recess
• Understand and be committed to the School’s Quaker values and mission
• Experience teaching at the elementary level
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (advanced degree preferred)
• Passion for working with elementary school students Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and statement of educational philosophy to email@example.com.
Friends’ Central School seeks candidates with a commitment to fostering an inclusive learning community, who will address issues of diversity, as well as enhance the Philosophy of Inclusivity and Awareness articulated in our Diversity Statement.
About Friends' Central School
Friends’ Central School is an independent, coeducational, college-preparatory, Quaker day school, founded in 1845, serving 800 students in Nursery through grade 12. Located on two campuses in Wynnewood, Pa., Friends’ Central blends a rigorous curriculum with enduring Quaker principles of kindness, compassion, and generosity of spirit to create a solid foundation for a future of opportunity and success. Students at Friends’ Central School are taught to think critically and creatively, and they learn the value of good character and strong work ethic to develop into active and engaged citizens.
Friends’ Central seeks candidates who will enhance the philosophy of inclusivity and awareness articulated in our Diversity Statement.