Dana Hall School seeks candidates for the position of Director of Athletics, Health, and Wellness. The individual in this position will be accountable for:
- Managing all athletic and fitness programs grades 5-12; being a visible and highly accessible advocate for the coaches, faculty, staff, and department programs
- Recruiting, hiring, orienting, training, supervising and evaluating coaches to attract and retain highly competitive student athletes
- Actively engaging with admission and advancement colleagues to support enrollment and fundraising initiatives, and having strong working relationships and partnerships with division heads
- Managing the department including staffing, professional development, facilities management, proposing and managing athletic budget and strategic capital planning, as well as supervising athletic department members and serving on the Department Heads’ Committee
- Planning, evaluating, and executing programs and events for major athletic contests and special School events
- Working with the Associate Director of Athletics in the scheduling of all athletic contests, home and away games, officials, and transportation
- Representing the School at events and competitions, and at various league and state associations
- Enhancing and strengthening the opportunities found within the areas of fitness and athletics for all students, creating a sense of school spirit and engagement that is felt campus wide
- Supervising the coordination of the School’s Health and Wellness program
- Serving on the Health and Wellness Committee; remaining up-to-date on current research about girls’ athletics, health, and wellness
- Teaching in the Forum program
- Serving as an advisor to individual students
- Coaching at least one varsity sport
Candidates must have: a bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred; a minimum of five years’ experience in athletic administration; a thorough understanding of current trends in athletics and fitness for girls and young women. Experience working with a diverse range of students is essential. Experience in an independent school environment is preferred.
Successful candidates will possess: excellent presentation, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills; superior time-management skills with an ability to manage many tasks and projects simultaneously; excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail; an ability to maintain confidentiality and utilize effective communication skills, both orally and in writing, as well as an ability to communicate proactively, courteously, and efficiently with a diverse group of constituents: students, parents, faculty, staff, administrators, alumnae, and members of the community.
This is a 12-month full-time position reporting to the Assistant Head of School, serving as a member of the School’s Administrative Team. Working hours for this position require flexibility based on the needs of the School and include long hours during the academic year, and the need to work varying hours during special events, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Dana Hall School seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and multicultural educational practices.
About Dana Hall School
Dana Hall School, founded in 1881, is a college preparatory boarding and day school for girls in grades 5-12. The School is located in Wellesley, MA, 12 miles west of Boston.