The Lèman Manhattan Preparatory School, an independent, International school located in Manhattan’s Financial District, seeks a highly qualified, motivated Visual Arts educator to teach Middle School Art and two sections of High School Art. This is a full-time position that will begin in late August, 2019
- Teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th grade Art classes
- Teaching two High School Art classes
- Producing the annual Upper School Art Exhibit in conjunction with other Visual Arts department members
- Organizing and coordinating student submissions for art shows and competitions
- Being a collaborative, contributing team member of the Fine Arts Department and Upper School faculty
- Supporting and sponsoring activities/events outside the typical work day
- Growing professionally in order to meet the changing responsibilities of the position
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- Experience in teaching at the Middle School level
- Experience in teaching a variety of mediums
- Familiarity with curriculum design
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
Applicants should send a résumé and letter of interest to:
Lisa Nowicki, Director of Fine Arts, L.Nowicki@lemanmanhattan.org
About Léman Manhattan Preparatory School
Léman Manhattan Preparatory School is an international learning community committed to educating, empowering and inspiring students from early childhood through 12th Grade to be confident, independent critical thinkers. Nestled in the heart of downtown New York City, Léman Manhattan delivers academic excellence that inspires for a lifetime.
One of only four independent schools in Manhattan to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, Léman Manhattan is building the next generation of courageous, critical thinkers.
Our two state-of-the-art campuses house nearly 750 students representing more than 50 countries of origin, where an exceptional faculty inspires children to view the world as their classroom.
As an affiliate school of Nord Anglia Education, Léman Manhattan is the only independent PreK-12 school in New York City with established sister campuses in the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America. Our ability to provide students with international learning opportunities is unmatched.
The vision for Léman Manhattan draws deeply from our namesake and sister school, Collège du Léman, one of the world’s most renowned Swiss boarding schools located on the outski...rts of Geneva, with a nearly sixty-year history of educating the sons and daughters of the world’s leaders in business, politics and the arts. Together with Léman International School in Chengdu, China, College du Léman and Léman Manhattan operate as a unique consortium of schools that provide students with a truly “Three Campus, One School” experience.