The second grade teacher is a valuable part of the St. Paul’s teaching team. He or she works closely with the other grade level teachers to ensure a quality 2nd grade program for our students.
Major tasks & duties:
• Using the Essential Learning Goals, plan and deliver developmentally appropriate lessons
that integrate technology, PBL, and STEM for 2nd grade students.
• Work closely with the team to assess students’ reading levels, and plan and deliver daily
• Work closely with the team to assess students’ math skills and provide differentiated
instruction to meet the needs of both students who need enrichment and those who need
• Teach chapel lessons and integrate the life skills into the curriculum. Be an active participant
and role model during all chapels.
• Work individually with students, specialists as needed, parents, colleagues and administrators
to develop and implement the best instructional approaches for young children.
• Clearly and timely communicate with colleagues and parents both in writing and face to face
• Conduct parent/teacher conferences and be available to meet with parents as needed.
• Prepare and submit a weekly online post updating the community on what is taking place
each week in 2nd grade.
• Complete grade cards and comments.
• Order and maintain appropriate 2nd grade supplies and materials and work within provided
• Work collaboratively to achieve the mission of the school.
• Set an example of intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, life-skills, self-motivation and selfdiscipline.
• Model competence, personal responsibility and respect for others in every aspect of the job.
• Meet regular and predictable attendance requirements, including attending division and all
school meetings, division and all school chapels, professional work days, and admissions
• Act as an ambassador for the school by attending school-wide events and supporting the
school community outside of the classroom whether it’s at special events, sporting events, or
in other venues.