Director of Community Engagement at Daycroft School
This position reports to the Head of School
Oversees all aspects of admissions and recruitment of families to Daycroft School.
• Works with HOS to create annual and long-term admission and retention goals and benchmarks.
• Designs strategies to accomplish goals and attain benchmarks.
• Oversees enrollment and contract execution.
• Provides an analyses of enrollment trends and reports data to HOS.
• Works collaboratively with parent ambassadors to establish new family engagement opportunities.
• Actively seeks mission appropriate students.
Oversees and is responsible for delivering all aspects of marketing and communications.
• Works collaboratively with HOS and admin team to design and implement yearly and long term marketing strategies.
• Works collaboratively with HOS and admin team to design, implement and participate in community engagement programs and strategies.
• Communicates the inside stories of student life, faculty accomplishments and major events through newsletters, press releases, and use of social media.
• Assists HOS with development strategies.
• Works with the admin team to create an alumni database and alumni engagement strategy.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in education or related field
• Proven ability to engage with people
• Passion for education, school life and community involvement
• Attention to detail and ability to follow through with inquiries and contracts
• Creativity and communication skill for telling the school’s story
• Strategic thinking and vision of what the school can become
• Motivated to work alone as well as collaboratively with team
• Able to demonstrate personal warmth with professional demeanor
• Able to create & analyze data and data research reports
About Daycroft School
Daycroft School is an independent, Preschool-6 grade non-profit school of ~200 students. Daycroft blends the distinctive student-centered teaching methods of Maria Montessori with traditional and progressive teaching methods. Daycroft thus accomplishes its educational mission: to provide a personalized learning environment that appreciates individual differences, nurtures the whole child, and enables students to develop at their own pace and achieve to their full potential. Our strengths are our teachers, community, leadership and the relentless pursuit of exceptional results.
Daycroft is one of Washtenaw County's leading independent schools. It began as a preschool program in 1968. Daycroft has since grown to include a full-day kindergarten program, an elementary school program through 6th grade, before-school and after-school care, summer camp programs, and enrichment classes.
Daycroft has earned accreditation from the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS; www.isacs.org). It is a member of the American Montessori Society; the Associations of Independent Michigan Schools; and the National Association of Independent Schools
Daycroft has two camp...uses in Ann Arbor, Michigan; a Preprimary School (preschool and kindergarten) is at 100 E. Oakbrook Dr., Ann Arbor, MI and an Elementary School (grades K through 6) at 1095 N. Zeeb Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48103. Phone: (734) 662-3335.
Visit our website at www.daycroft.org to learn more about our school.