To ensure that all necessary provision is in place so that all students have the opportunity to be inspired by extraordinary people and experiences; to become a globally minded citizen; and to achieve remarkable success in future life.
· To assist the Head of School in leading the school as part of the Operational Team;
· To be responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising the day to day HR and logistical operations of the school;
· To work with the Head of School to ensure the smooth administration of the school.
· Work with Regional HR team and Head of School to delivery strategic HR support to the school and staff, including, recruiting, retention, employee engagement, onboarding and offboarding and compliance.
Head of School
Recruitment & Appointments:
· Work with the Head of School to oversee the recruitment process ensuring all the policies and procedures are adhered to;
· Work with the Head of School to oversee the issuing of offer letters, contract variation letters and contracts as required;
· Process background checks in line with current guidance;
· Oversee compliance with NAE Safer Recruitment requirements;
· Lead and oversee all aspects of the induction and relocation programmes for all staff.
Staffing & Payroll:
· Lead on and co-ordinate all matters related to pay and conditions, ensuring accuracy, compliance and appropriate approval at all stages;
· Co-ordinate the annual appraisal, performance management and pay review administration, undertake reviews of job descriptions and person specifications;
· Maintain the staffing costs information for the School and prepare projected costs;
· Maintain the staffing establishment records and support the Director of Finance and Business with resource planning.
Human Resources Administration:
· Provide advice to staff regarding Employee Relations issues;
· Provide HR support at formal HR meetings, including drafting invite letters and attending meetings as a note taker;
· Assist with investigations, including providing advice and guidance to colleagues as necessary;
· Manage the exit interview process, including conducting exit interviews as required;
· Develop and maintain statistical data to provide performance indicators in relation to absence data, retention data, recruitment data;
· Ensure HR files are created and maintained in keeping with guidance relating to this;
· Liaise with HR Director for NAE North America, as and when required;
· Undertake risk assessments for staff members, ensuring they are up to date, compliant with relevant guidance and all stakeholders are informed of their responsibilities;
· Support the staff wellbeing and liaise with the Head of School.
· Staff feel supported valued, and understand that staff wellbeing is a high priority within school;
· The school maintains all statutory responsibilities;
· Staff concerns are managed efficiently and effectively and records are kept.
· Liaise and maintain all aspects of the relationship and day to day matters with SHOWA and SODEXO, including but not limited to cleaning contractors, room bookings, safety concerns, traffic, contractors, maintenance, snow clearing, campus closures and graduation;
· Liaise and maintain all aspects of the relationship with LocalMotion including but not limited to routes, driver concerns, safety concerns, stop locations, route timings and GPS tracking;
· Run and maintain all aspects of cover supervision at BISB;
· Ensure substitute teachers are available when required and liaise with cover staff regarding expectations;
· Accurately manage cover on iSAMs at all times;
· Develop and maintain an accurate calendar for the academic year and ensure this is shared with all stakeholders in an appropriate format;
· Organise all logistical aspects of school events;
· Maintain and effectively run all aspects of CHQ;
· Oversee the management of extra-curricular clubs and other out of hours activities;
· Liaise with administrators to ensure the smooth running of CHQ and the extra-curricular programme;
· Assist on iSAMS related issues and implementation of new developments;
· Administer PTC’s and other parental events, as required;
· Work with the Examinations Officer in the organization of all logistical aspects of examinations both internal and external;
· Lead and develop a whole-school communications programme which ensures highly effective communication with students and families including the maintenance of the BISB App;
· Organise and maintain the school trips programme ensuring that each trip is appropriate and that all necessary paperwork is completed;
· Line Management of facilities staff;
· Assist the Health and Safety Officer to ensure that the school is compliant in all aspects of H&S;
· Any other logistical duties as allocated by the Head of School.
· All school events are organised in a timely and appropriate manner;
· The logistical aspects in the day to day running of the school ensure that there are no barriers to learning;
· The administrative functions of the school are streamlined to ensure positive outcomes from the process.
· Set high standards and lead by example;
· Be innovative and challenging in striving for continuous improvement in every part of the school;
· Be approachable and have a visible presence to the whole school and the community;
· Monitor and evaluate the overall progress, outcomes and development of the operational functions of the school to ensure high standards are maintained.
· Work with the Head of School to ensure that staff development needs are identified and that appropriate programmes are designed to meet such needs, in line with the School Development Plan;
· Regular reviews are undertaken of progress in achieving the success indicators of the School Development Plan;
· Evidence of achievement of success indicators is effective.
· Promote positive communication with colleagues, parents and students;
· Actively promote the establishment of effective links with other institutions and external agencies;
· Promote and adhere to NAE Vision, Mission and Values;
· Manage effective personal development as part of the NAE’s commitment to invest in staff as the key resource in the organization;
· Ensure that statutory responsibilities and NAE policies are met with regard to Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and other relevant legislation;
· Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality, attendance, positive engagement and professional relations among staff;
· Any other appropriate duties as allocated by the Head of School.
· Valued and effective member of the team and organisation.
About British International School of Boston
The British School of Boston, an independent co-educational day school offers an exemplary program for British, American and international students. Our school is an international learning community where academic rigor, the promotion of a culture of inquiry, independent collaboration and international mindedness prevail.