New Hampton School, a NEPSAC Class A private school located in New Hampton, NH is seeking a
Head Women’s Basketball Coach. The Head Coach should be institutionally minded and someone who is eager to
develop a successful program within the framework of New Hampton School’s core values of Respect and
Responsibility. With an emphasis on building a healthy culture through positive experiences on and off the court,
candidates should possess strong organizational and communication skills, in addition to being flexible and able to multitask
in a fast-paced environment with variable hours.
Bringing a passion for athletics and desire to develop and appreciate the full experience of the student athlete, the Head
Coach must be detail-oriented and have excellent follow through and a positive attitude.
Must be able to work well independently and have the ability to supervise others when necessary.
New Hampton School has a storied basketball tradition, having prepared numerous student-athletes who are/have
played college basketball at the Division I, II, and III levels. With two gymnasiums, a fully equipped weight room, and a
full-time strength and conditioning coach, New Hampton School provides all of the resources to support an elite
• Organize and oversee all team practices and game plans
• Instruct and demonstrate skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team development.
• Promote positive sportsmanship in a competitive environment
• In collaboration with the Admission Office, be an active recruiter of mission-appropriate student-athletes.
• Assist with the placement of student-athletes at the college and university level.
• Develop and distribute out of season & summer conditioning/skill programs
• Actively build a program that respects and builds upon our successful history and bright future.
• Continue to analyze and improve on best practices of basketball training
• Model positive sportsmanship behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards opposing team, fans,
parents, officials, spectators and community.
• Manage other duties as directed by Director of Athletics.
• Live on campus and participate in the residential program
• Teach in the Academic Program or work in Admission Office
• Coach or oversee one additional co-curricular activity.
• Serve as an Advisor for 5-7 students
Applicants for this position must have previous coaching experience. Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and
resume to: Wendi Cantwell, Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal Number: 04192019
About New Hampton School
An International Baccalaureate and Apple Distinguished School, New Hampton is a vibrant, global community of scholars, artists, athletes and leaders, dedicated to the goal of becoming active global citizens. Founded in 1821 by Free Will Baptists on the principles of inclusion and exploration, we seek globally-minded, technologically savvy, active, creative, and student-centered teachers to work with our equally diverse, active and creative student body.
Nearly 200 years ago, New Hampton first opened its doors to serve eighty-seven students - local boys and girls and a few boarding students from Boston. It was a pioneering school in its time, educating both sexes equally and graduating women and men who went on to lives of service and productivity in every area from politics to scholarship to religion, business, medicine and professional athletics. Today we are a school of 325 students from 30 states and 25 countries. Located in the foothills of the White Mountains in the heart of the Lakes Region, New Hampton lies in a quaint New England village on a modern 340-acre campus. The town of New Hampton is set in central New Hampshire with easy access to universities, hiking, snow and water sports, ninety miles north of Boston.