Montclare Preschool is seeking a Lead Teacher for the 2019/20 school year. The schedule for a teacher is 5 days (8:00-4:15pm). The position includes benefits and competitive salary. The start date is September 3rd and the position is for 10 months.
- Provide a safe, nurturing, developmentally appropriate environment that helps children learn and grow.
- Develop engaging activities and lesson plans that foster the whole child concept and take each child's individual needs into consideration.
- Supervise and collaborate with the Assistant Teacher regarding program development, planning and implementation.
- Maintain Children's developmental profiles. - Observe, collect, and record data for child assessments.
- Maintain healthy dialogue with Education Director regarding all things pertaining to the classroom, students, parents, general environment.
- Attend team meetings, staff meetings, and educational workshops as necessary.
- Punctuality and reliability are a must.
Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Master’s degree preferred.
Certification in Early Childhood Education
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with certification, experience, and educational background.
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Benefits include: 401K plan, Medical, Rx, Dental and Vision.
About Montclare Children's School
Montclare Children’s School is an enriched preschool, engaging children in a joyful and dynamic environment. Montclare inspires lifelong learners by cultivating collaboration, creativity, and independent thinking,
At Montclare, we believe that a teacher-guided, balanced approach establishes an excellent educational foundation, providing the skills children need for Kindergarten and future learning.
Our teachers scaffold opportunities for our students to problem solve, learn conflict resolution and manage frustration and expectations. Learning to transition, follow routines and engage in cooperative play, children build confidence and independence, becoming more willing to take appropriate risks. Our teachers encourage meaningful interactions and friendships, further boosting a child’s secure sense of self.
At Montclare we support the growth of the whole child. Through inquiry, discussion and exploration our program fosters reflective thinking, and increasingly abstract reasoning. Our curriculum promotes logical thinking by introducing skills in context and providing concrete materials. The acquisition of knowledge bolsters self-estee...m, and learning with others greatly enhances social intelligence.
Furthermore, both in and out of the classroom, physical development is an integral part of each day including a series of fine-motor activities, sensory and gross–motor play, as well as participation in dance, movement, yoga, PE and gymnastics.