About the School
Stanley British Primary School, founded in 1972 and located in the heart of Denver, has gained a reputation for providing an exemplary education for young learners. The British Primary educational philosophy is a unique instructional approach created more than 40 years ago under the direction and leadership of founding head, Carolyn Hambidge.
Today, Stanley British Primary School is a singular independent school serving children from kindergarten through 8th grade. At Stanley, a child’s education goes well beyond academics –the teachers and the instruction principles give children the opportunity to reach their full potential academically, creatively, socially, emotionally and physically.
Stanley British Primary School is financially sound, with steady enrollment and low attrition. Over 33 percent of students come from ethnically diverse backgrounds. One quarter of families receive financial assistance. Moreover, there is a fundamental commitment to inclusion based on the belief that children grow and flourish in an educational environment in which each child knows he or she is deeply valued.
About the Position
The future Head of School must be deeply committed to the school’s personal and supportive culture and Stanley’s 7 Goals for learning: self awareness, collaboration, respect, curiosity, perseverance, academic resourcefulness and joyful, lifelong learning.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to lead a truly mission-driven, student-centered independent school in a vibrant and culturally rich city.
Leadership Opportunity Statement:
How to Apply
Application Materials Requested: Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following documents by July 31, 2019:
- Cover letter addressed to the Stanley British Primary School Search Committee
- Personal statement or statement of educational philosophy
- List of five references (name, contact information, relationship to candidate)
- EC Disclosure Document and Candidate Summary Form (contact consultants for forms)
Application materials are to be sent in a single Word document or PDF
Inquiries are welcomed, please address inquiries to:
- Joan Beauregard, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative email@example.com 206-851-6616
- Doug Jennings, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative. firstname.lastname@example.org 317-319-2936