Currey Ingram Academy is currently accepting applications for a part-time Music/Creative Drama teacher (Grades K - 4). This position could be increased to full-time if the applicant has training to teach academic classes (i.e., language arts or math). Teaching responsibilities will include weekly drama and music classes for each K - 4 homeroom class. Other responsibilities include planning and preparing a student presentation for Grandparents and Special Friends Day, directing and producing two division-wide programs each school year, and leading after-school choir groups each week. In other assemblies, this person is responsible for leading special music or theater presentations and/or leading the choirs in the school song.
Excellent communication in both oral and written expression and experience with technology are required.
Minimum requirements include a degree in music, theatre, music education, or a related field, with preference given to those with at least five years experience.
About Currey Ingram Academy
The mission of Currey Ingram Academy is to provide an exemplary K-12 day school program that empowers students with learning differences to achieve their fullest potential.
The school delivers on this mission by providing:
• Small classes
• Evidence-based instruction
• Individualized learning plans for every student
• Strong arts, athletics and extracurricular activities
• Speech-language and academic occupational therapies
• Character education and social coaching
• Personalized college preparation and counseling
• Parent, community and professional education opportunities