The Abraham Joshua Heschel School is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to the Head of School and After School Coordinator.
The Abraham Joshua Heschel School, located in New York City, is an independent Jewish school, N-12, unaffiliated with any single movement or synagogue. The school's approach to education is governed by profound respect for children. It nurtures their curiosity, cultivates their imagination, encourages creative expression, values their initiative and engenders critical thinking skills. The Heschel School is dedicated to inspiring its graduates to become responsible adults and active, compassionate citizens of the Jewish world and world communities.
In addition to providing administrative support and calendar management to the Head of School, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Maintain EC/LS Hayom and monitor by the security desk
* Summer faculty and staff mailing (email) with office team
* Write, edit, and send hesed notices
* General administrative support to the After School Director which includes:
maintaining the After School catalog (write, edit, and distribute)
handling After School enrollments, cancellations, payments, and reimbursements
maintaining After School waitlists
* Coordinating Room reservations with Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Head of School
* Coordinating transportation for field trips
* Daily package check in
* Assign and maintain student Metrocards for entire school
Monday - Thursday - 7:45AM - 4:45PM
Friday - 7:45AM - 3:30PM
Salary commensurate with prior relevant work history and skills.