Harcum College in Bryn Mawr, PA, a leader among the nation’s independent, Associate Degree colleges, has immediate openings for two full-time Campus Security Officers to cover shifts: 11:00am to 7:00pm and 7:00pm to 3:00am (varied days). This position will be accountable for the safety and well-being of all members of a vibrant campus community. Pay is competitive for the area, and combined with excellent benefits and generous time off. We are proud to have high employee morale and an environment that values everyone’s participation
· Conduct security and safety rounds of assigned campus buildings. Rounds include both the interior and exterior campus property.
· Observation and reporting of any suspicious activities, safety and security hazards and any other dangerous conditions that could affect the proper functioning of the college campus or the safety of the campus community.
· Respond to all safety and security related incidents occurring on campus.
· Complete required documentation of all incidents as per operational procedure.
· Interact and collaborate with other Campus Safety Officers and members of the college community as necessary to accomplish departmental goals.
· High School diploma/GED required.
· A minimum of two years’ experience in the security industry.
· Must possess strong communications skills.
· Must be able to perform in a sometimes fast-paced environment
· Must be able to perform under sometimes stressful situations.
· Must be mobile, able to frequently negotiate stairways and have the ability to stand for extended periods of time, especially during campus activities or athletic events.
· Must have the ability to take reasonable steps to maintain a safe and secure environment on the campus and respond to emergency situations as necessary.
· Must possess the oral and written communications skills necessary to properly complete incident reports and daily activity logs as required.
· Must have a current, valid driver’s license. This job will require the successful completion of a PA Criminal and Child Abuse check.
ABOUT HARCUM COLLEGE
Harcum College is an independent, coeducational, fully accredited, residential college. The College offers associate degrees in allied health, business and social science, as well as certificates and a variety of continuing studies programs.
Founded in 1915 by Edith Hatcher Harcum and Octavius Harcum, it was the first college in Pennsylvania chartered by the state to offer the associate degree. Today Harcum has degree programs on its Bryn Mawr Campus, located about 20 minutes west of Philadelphia, programs online and at Partnership Sites throughout the region, serving approximately 1,500 students.
Harcum provides quality instruction from faculty, close student-faculty collaboration, small class sizes, and individualized support services.
Harcum College offers a comprehensive benefits package and the salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please include cover letter
Harcum College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Internal Number: 1033
About Harcum College
Harcum College, located in Bryn Mawr, PA is a leader among the nation's independent associates degree colleges. Harcum provides students with an opportunity for outstanding academic, career, and life preparation. Harcum’s faculty and staff support our core values of excellence, civility, empowerment, integrity, community service, and respect for diversity assure that every student is valued and supported. Harcum provides career opportunities affording personal growth in varied fields where employees are our most valued assets.