Little Friends child care program, located on the campus of Friends School of Baltimore, has an opening for a full-time teacher to work with children ages 6 weeks though 3 years (not including Pre-Kindergarten).
1) Learn, understand and embrace the Quaker aspect of the school and use on a daily basis through Morning Meeting, curriculum, classroom management, and all parent/child/employee interactions.
2) Oversee students and activities in the classroom to which you are assigned.
3) Create a nurturing, enriching, age-appropriate learning environment for the classroom to which you are assigned.
4) Structure a relaxed atmosphere for children while ensuring a safe and organized program, adhering to all school rules and policies.
5) Greet the parents and build rapport, communicate with them daily about their child's day.
6) Maintain a neat and professional image at all times.
90-hour preschool certificate and 45-hour infant/toddler certificate, or the equivalent.
Must be at least 19 years of age.
Experience with or interest in children ages 6 weeks through 3 years is required.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Friends School of Baltimore actively promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion in all programs and operations, including admissions, financial aid, and hiring. To form a community which strives to reflect the world's diversity, we do not discriminate on the basis of race or color, religion, age, nationality, ethnicity, economic background, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. Friends School of Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of color and members of other underrepresented groups who might enrich and diversify the school community are strongly encouraged to apply.