The Bookkeeper assists the Business Office in the execution of financial processing, reporting, and planning. S/He also assists the Advancement Office as an advancement associate. This is a part-time, non-exempt (hourly) position.
Responsibilities Include • Process Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, bank deposits, payroll, and 1099 tax documents.
• Process cash/check/ACH/credit card receipts, apply to customer invoices where appropriate and prepares deposits for the bank. • Perform monthly bank account reconciliations and assist in preparation for the annual financial audit.
• Prepare invoices for tuition, fundraising and other school revenue sources. • Process and manage payroll using an online system. • Process and manage advancement data, reconcile with the accounting database, and assist with donor recognition processes. • Maintain Human Resources files.
Skills and Knowledge
• Highly skilled in the following areas: verbal and written communication, organization, time management, attention to detail and problem-solving.
• A role model of high standards of professional behavior.
• A strong sense of ethics and integrity.
• A high degree of diplomacy and confidentiality.
• Excellent typing and computer skills.
• Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures; grammar, punctuation, and spelling; Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and mail merge function.
• Skilled at using a variety of modern office equipment and online software platforms.
• Willing to embrace the lifestyle of working in a small independent school by being a team-player and working the amount of time that is required to model excellence in job performance.
Minimum requirements • Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree desired. • Three to five years of experience in full-charge bookkeeping. • Experience with QuickBooks On-Line. • Experience processing payroll desired. • Experience in a not-for-profit and/or independent school environment preferred.
Salary and Benefits Sea Crest offers a strong benefits package and a competitive salary range.
Ready to apply? Sea Crest values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining the Sea Crest community, please submit a cover letter and résumé to:
About Sea Crest School
Our institution is a K-8 independent school located in Half Moon Bay, CA. Our community of educators believes in fostering an atmosphere of excellence and joy as we prepare our pupils to succeed in school and life.
Characteristics of Professional Excellence:
A Sea Crest teacher is:
• An innovative educator with a strong command of subject matter.
• A lifelong learner who pursues and inspires growth.
• A compassionate professional with an understanding of child development.
• An authentic leader who demonstrates personal accountability and moral courage.
Sea Crest School is dedicated to providing the best in innovative education to inspire and empower our learners to engage curiosity, express creativity, act with compassion and lead with courage.
Sea Crest is a K-8 co-educational independent day school enrolling 280 students from the San Mateo County coastal and inland communities. Average class size is 16 students. The curriculum is challenging and creative, providing in-depth units of study. Pupils have the advantage of daily physical education, as well as enrichment classes in Spanish, art, drama, music, and technology integrated into the weekly schedule.