Position Purpose: The Student Growth and Learning (SGL) program coordinator assures the access for all students to a quality education in fulfillment of the TSS mission. The SGL program coordinator will both support individual students and support SGL team members, as well as other faculty, in supporting the learning experiences of students. The SGL team will support faculty members in prioritizing student-centered, personalized learning within place-based contexts, whenever possible. The coordinator will ensure that the SGL team will build strong relationships with colleagues, students and families. Within the collaborative work environment of TSS, faculty members should expect to be contributing team members, while also taking the initiative to work autonomously.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
Please provide a cover letter and contact information for three references.
• Master's Degree in special education or related field preferred
• At least 5 years experience in special education or related field
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external constituents
• Strong speaking and written communication skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and Google Apps
• Familiarity with place-based education preferred
• Demonstrated experience leading high functioning teams towards a common mission
• WFA/CPR/AED certifications required
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
• Combination of indoor and outdoor learning environments
• Sometimes indoors in an office setting: sitting and standing for long stretches while using a computer
• May be expected to work evenings, weekends or overtime to support special programs/events
10% Supervisor Responsibilities
• Responsible to assure all supervised staff are up to date on certifications
• Responsible for evaluation and feedback processes associated with annual and ongoing review
• Attend Academic Team meetings as scheduled by the Director of Teaching and Learning
• Budget oversight < $100k budget
• Lead the SGL team on JC in providing student services, as outlined in Individualized Learning Plans (ILPs), and in supporting teachers in providing accommodations in classes
• Set meeting agendas and provide timely communication with the SGL team on JC. Collaborate with TVC Coordinator
• Be familiar with all students on ILPs and their families on JC; attend all ILP meetings and follow up meetings as needed
80% Learning Specialist
• Provide 1:1 and small group support to students, including evaluation, intervention and assessment
• Monitor and report on student progress frequently and regularly, using appropriately normed assessment tools
• Conduct educational sessions for parents and faculty
• Support classroom teachers in implementing accommodations and implementing strategies for success
• Manage Individualized Learning Plans (ILPs) for assigned students
• Maintain regular communication with teachers, parents and students
• Communicate additionally with parents about individual student updates, as needed
• Complete duties to integrate with students and general community support including hands to work
• Offer to cover classes for others, if possible, when substitutes are not available
• Take part in SGL team and IS faculty meetings
• Participate in all-school groups
• Support administrative duties associated with successful implementation of program including open house.
5% One TSS Responsibilities
• Proactively and positively shares the TSS mission and program structure with external stakeholders
• Engages and collaborates across TSS program areas when possible
• Contribute to inclusive work and learning environments through continually developing cultural competency. Cultural Competence is one’s ability to interact effectively across various dimensions of diversity. It lies at the intersection of awareness of others, self-awareness, and applying skills & knowledge to promote inclusion and equity
This job description is not meant to state or imply that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their manager in compliance with federal and state laws.
Internal Number: 1120
About Teton Science School
Teton Science Schools' (TSS) mission is to inspire curiosity, engagement and leadership through transformative place-based education. TSS is an organization in northwest Wyoming and Idaho comprised of six program areas sharing a common vision of education. TSS is deeply rooted in the outdoors as place anchors and enriches our understanding of the world. Our organization has educated, trained and inspired thousands of children, youth and adults, bringing them together through the study of place-based education. We serve students from across Wyoming, the Intermountain West, the nation and around the world.